There is no way I'm attending this campout

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My family was invited to a campout some people we know are having at their house. I wasnt thrilled with the idea of going but then I got to this part:
"We only have 2 bathrooms and a delicate septic system so we are asking everybody to bring a 5 gallon bucket and a trash bag to use as a toilet inside of your tent."
There is absolutely no way I am sleeping with a 5 gallon bucket of urine and feces in my tent. You couldn't pay me to do that I can see it now a clumsy kid knocks it over and it goes everywhere. No way not happening.
Seriously people rent some porta potties or something that's just nasty.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh hell no. The reason DH and I have never gone camping is because he insists it be *true* camping, like shitting in the woods type camping and no showers. I'm like NOPE. I need indoor plumbing lol.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LOL. I'll never go camping. For any reason, and this would definitely be a no. :)
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm Oh hell no. The reason DH and I have never gone camping is because he insists it be *true* camping, like shitting in the woods type camping and no showers. I'm like NOPE. I need indoor plumbing lol.
My family has done that kind of camping but I draw the line at this.
I still prefer a toilet. We are actually backpacking to a trail camp next month because they have outhouses at least. Yay for some semblance of a toilet!
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love camping so I would go. I have a portable camp toilet

Anonymous 2

Unread post

My idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. f**k that!!
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm Oh hell no. The reason DH and I have never gone camping is because he insists it be *true* camping, like shitting in the woods type camping and no showers. I'm like NOPE. I need indoor plumbing lol.
I still prefer a toilet. We are actually backpacking to a trail camp next month because they have outhouses at least. Yay for some semblance of a toilet!
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm My idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. f**k that!!
I'm so glad I am not alone. I made a camping post on CM and people went crazy on me because I wouldn't go. I wouldn't take my kids.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm
Nope not happening still. If I really enjoyed being with these people I might do that with one of those small tents specifically for it but quite honestly I don't like them that much anyways.
We may campout at home or actually go camping though.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't understand how this is a "Campout" if it's at someone's house. Do they live in the back woods of nowhere? Call it what it is a F***ing drunk fest BBQ or whatever because honestly there's no other reason people would "Camp" at someone's house other than they plan to get shitfaced, in which case shitting in buckets is the least of your concerns.
Locked Previous topicNext topic