Life is too short to spend it in uncomfortable situations

Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am
jas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am Depends on the situation. Sometimes that's warranted, other times you can be a selfish twat. There's a line.
Selfishness is underrated. What is wrong with some selfishness?
Now you are just trolling, lol.
Why because I think some selfishness is good?
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As with anything and pretty much everything in life, there is a happy medium. Of course you don't want to sell your health and happiness so that someone else can be happy and healthy. That's not a fair trade. But on the other hand, when you care about someone and they really need help, and you have the means to help them even though it's a PAI for you, then you do for others that you would hope someone would do for you. If I was drowning, I would hope that someone would care enough to break away from their comfort zone to help me. So of course I would try and do the same for others.
Humans are social mammals. Ultimately, we rely on one another to get through life. It doesn't matter how independent you are or how much you have done for yourself. Everyone needs someone at some point in their life.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 am Or around people you don’t like. Or doing things that you have an option of NOT doing. I think it’s crazy that everyone says suck things up. But why? It seems like wasting the little bit of time we have being uncomfortable, unhappy or upset. If there’s a way to avoid it

Because sometimes you do things for the people that you love. That's why.
Or because it's necessary to provide for yourself and/or your family, because that's what adults do. I've spent time working jobs I hated but it was honest money and kept the rent and bills paid and food on the table.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 am Or around people you don’t like. Or doing things that you have an option of NOT doing. I think it’s crazy that everyone says suck things up. But why? It seems like wasting the little bit of time we have being uncomfortable, unhappy or upset. If there’s a way to avoid it

Because sometimes you do things for the people that you love. That's why.
Or because it's necessary to provide for yourself and/or your family, because that's what adults do. I've spent time working jobs I hated but it was honest money and kept the rent and bills paid and food on the table.

I did say if there’s a way to avoid it. There’s not always a way.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:51 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am And this kind of me me me attitude is what keeps the roads dangerous and the same few people trying to handle everything. I have a volunteer position and spend so much time doing other people's jobs because they don't feel like it or they don't want to. I'm getting burnt out and about to quit but it would greatly impact the kids in our program so I keep pushing forward. I just wish there was more kindness and less selfishness in this world.
I'm sorry but if you're this selfish you just aren't a good person. Selfish people always take and never give and seem to think they are more important than everyone else. I cant stand selfish people.
I don’t take anything either. I wouldn’t volunteer if I didn’t want to do the work.
In life your decisions affect those around you so yes you take. For example you are taking happiness from your nephew if he really wants you to watch him play. By not volunteering you are leaving more on the people who do volunteer. Do you think work just disappears if nobody steps up to do it? No it gets stuck on those of us who care about others enough to get it done.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Life’s too short to let your circumstances dictate if you’re happy or miserable. I choose to be happy, even when I have to do things I don’t feel like doing.
And I think life’s too precious to waste it on just seeking comfort and doing what you want. I prefer to use it in doing positive things and learning from the bad situations and the nasty people. There’s really no point in living a comfortable life if you’re not going to use it in making positive contributions to others.
I want my loved one to remember me as someone who took on the difficult challenges and dealt with the difficult people in a positive manner. Maybe you want to remember as the one who weaed out of every difficulty and avoided everyone she didn’t like 🤷🏼‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am

Why because I think some selfishness is good?
I personally think, one can still care for his or her self, while simultaneously also thinking of others. I do not think selfishness is something a person should seek to be. When I think selfish, I think of characters like Scrooge or ego driven toddlers, who wants to be like that?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am Depends on the situation. Sometimes that's warranted, other times you can be a selfish twat. There's a line.
I don't even know if she is. Where my dad grew up it is very much the way of thought that we all make up one community and you have to put the overall good of the community over what is just good for you. I've noticed growing up in the US that the western world has a much more "I need to do what's best for me" way of thinking. Everything has a "you do you" , your feelings are more important than others, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do way of thinking. Your own successes are more important than the success of the community as a whole.

I'm not saying individuality is bad, many eastern countries take it too far the other way, but there is a healthy middle ground between being yourself and only caring about yourself. More and more people I notice have the same idea as the op.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Well some here believe staying in a marriage even if they are unhappy for the children. I do agree in a way with that but you can't always be selfish. I think more people should be less about me me me and be more selfless.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 am Well some here believe staying in a marriage even if they are unhappy for the children. I do agree in a way with that but you can't always be selfish. I think more people should be less about me me me and be more selfless.
Why? Givers are usually taken advantage of.
Locked Previous topicNext topic