Life is too short to spend it in uncomfortable situations

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am You have to do some things like get medical treatment or brush your teeth or pay your bills or work so you have money to pay your bills. But yes many things are optional.

Can you give some specific examples?
I’m not going to the family reunion, because I don’t want to. Or not going to see my nephew play baseball because I’d rather pull my hair out. Or not bringing cookies to the bake sale because I don’t want to
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am
jas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am Depends on the situation. Sometimes that's warranted, other times you can be a selfish twat. There's a line.
Selfishness is underrated. What is wrong with some selfishness?
Again, it depends on the situation.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some selfishness is fine, no harm, no foul. But something to consider is there may come a day where it’s you who needs the help and no one will be there for you.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it depends on the situation, to be honest. There's a big difference between refusing to do something you know would mean a lot to someone because you don't feel like it, and refusing to keep putting yourself in a situation where you are expected to take crap and keep coming back for more.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

And this kind of me me me attitude is what keeps the roads dangerous and the same few people trying to handle everything. I have a volunteer position and spend so much time doing other people's jobs because they don't feel like it or they don't want to. I'm getting burnt out and about to quit but it would greatly impact the kids in our program so I keep pushing forward. I just wish there was more kindness and less selfishness in this world.
I'm sorry but if you're this selfish you just aren't a good person. Selfish people always take and never give and seem to think they are more important than everyone else. I cant stand selfish people.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am
jas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am Depends on the situation. Sometimes that's warranted, other times you can be a selfish twat. There's a line.
Selfishness is underrated. What is wrong with some selfishness?
Now you are just trolling, lol.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because it's not all about you. Everyone has just as short a time and they should also be put into consideration.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am And this kind of me me me attitude is what keeps the roads dangerous and the same few people trying to handle everything. I have a volunteer position and spend so much time doing other people's jobs because they don't feel like it or they don't want to. I'm getting burnt out and about to quit but it would greatly impact the kids in our program so I keep pushing forward. I just wish there was more kindness and less selfishness in this world.
I'm sorry but if you're this selfish you just aren't a good person. Selfish people always take and never give and seem to think they are more important than everyone else. I cant stand selfish people.
I don’t take anything either. I wouldn’t volunteer if I didn’t want to do the work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am And this kind of me me me attitude is what keeps the roads dangerous and the same few people trying to handle everything. I have a volunteer position and spend so much time doing other people's jobs because they don't feel like it or they don't want to. I'm getting burnt out and about to quit but it would greatly impact the kids in our program so I keep pushing forward. I just wish there was more kindness and less selfishness in this world.
I don’t take anything either. I wouldn’t volunteer if I didn’t want to do the work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 am Because it's not all about you. Everyone has just as short a time and they should also be put into consideration.
And they should put themselves into consideration.
Locked Previous topicNext topic