Is this theft?

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our store it doesn't work that way. It has to be the exact item listed, if the store you shop at doesn't I don't think it is theft.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've never heard of anything like that before.

Here, coupons must match exactly, down to the size and variety.

But to answer the question, I'd say no.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:41 am I've never heard of anything like that before.

Here, coupons must match exactly, down to the size and variety.

But to answer the question, I'd say no.
Since I am a regular couponer I have gotten to know the cashiers there and they told me corporate says if it lets you use the coupon to put it through. In this case I was just using a self checkout.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I used to work as a cashier and most coupons I dealt with were very specific and would not go through if you did not actually buy that exact item. So this is odd to me. But hey if it works-go for it. That is a flaw in their system they need to fix.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think that's stealing. I think the company made a mistake with the coupon. Either way the store still gets the money back, so the company needs to figure out what they did wrong.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 am I used to work as a cashier and most coupons I dealt with were very specific and would not go through if you did not actually buy that exact item. So this is odd to me. But hey if it works-go for it. That is a flaw in their system they need to fix.
I actually heard from a manager today that the system was being worked on that night so that's why it glitched. He said every once in a while it applies a coupon for something you don't have but the night I went they were working on their coupon system so the register couldn't recognize what was what in terms of coupons.
Locked Previous topicNext topic