Is he just a super nice guy or creepy?

Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ok my sister has a neighbor who we both have become friends with. He lives near her in her condo complex so she sees alot more of him than I do and knows him better. We have all hung out a few times and he came along with her to our birthday gathering last year (we are twins). He is older (54-55 or so), divorced, no kids, works in IT and over all a nice decent guy. He insisted on paying our bar tab bills last year for the birthday outing. He is also from MI where we are orig from so some common ground there.

Well our birthday is coming up again and he asked about joining us again. Great.

He seems to have developed a crush on us. A few months ago he did ask my sister if she was interested she politely said no. I got a FB message a day later asking if I would like to have an actual date with him, I felt so bad saying no but had to tell him I was not interested in a romantic relationship but I think he is a super nice guy and decent human and hoping we can remain friends. He was good with that. We are identical twins so this is not the first time a guy will ask one twin out and if she declines ask that other one out. It happens.

He is on my FB. I posted a rocking chair for sale for $85, he said he wanted it. I said he can have it for $75 then since I know him. He picked it up and paid me $100 (5 20's). I said its only $75 he told me to keep it he thought the chair was worth that. Great. I sent him on his way with some cupcakes my kids and I made.

So he messages me asking me if I had any interest in going to Vegas and seeing Journey...his treat and I could even being my kids. I was flattered but honestly not a big enough Journey fan and my kids have already been to Vegas this year and my daughter is going again so I passed.

He then messaged my sister and I asking if he could take us to see "Wicked" his treat for our birthday. I was actually just looking up Ticket prices the other day to take my kids on my birthday weekend I told him he is too kind and what a generous offer. I told him I would like my kids to come and i will pay for them so let me know when he buys tix and i will pay for kids. He replied back saying "5 tickets bought (him me my sis and my 2 kids) my treat you owe nothing".

Super nice guy or ?? I gather he probably has a little bit of money since he never had any kids and he does seem a little lonely....just appreciate a nice guy like that or is he a creeper?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He's a nice guy and a bit lonely.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He hasn’t accepted that your answer is “no”.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He sounds like a lonely old guy. It also sounds like you and your sister take advantage of him having a crush. As long as boundaries are clearly established and respected I don't think it's creepy.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

He’s a weirdo and not taking a hint.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My sister and I both agree he is lonely.

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm He's a nice guy and a bit lonely.
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Trying to buy you and I agree that he hasn't accepted no as your answer. I'd be a little creeped out. He seems too nice, too available and desperate. But I don't personally know him so... 🤷‍♀️ If you feel a certain way, trust your instincts.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He seems to be a nice lonely man but a tad generous with his money. This could be just how he is and isn't expecting anything in return OR he could be trying to buy your affection.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not creepy, maybe lonely and trying to buy his way to an in with you. I am suspicious by nature and would just stop being his friend, because I would feel he is ignoring my boundaries.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would not accept treats or gifts from him.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm He seems to have developed a crush on us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic