Throwing up from crying?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have your kids ever thrown up from crying? My seven year old son has started doing this. When he cries he starts to hyperventilate and he ends up gagging and throwing up. He isn't making himself do it on purpose, he hates that he does it. We've been working on trying to get him to calm down and take slow breathes when he is upset, but so far it hasn't helped much. Tonight he was upset because he had put off doing his Kumon homework too long and was missing the beginning of the movie my other kids were watching, he ended up crying and throwing up on his kumon. Has anyone elses child done this? We're deciding if it's just something he will outgrow or if we should be more worried.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My youngest use to. Started around the age of 2. She’s outgrown several of her triggers but will thrown up still if she has too much drainage with her allergies.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I throw up when I cry. I have since I was a little kid. My middle daughter who’s 9 will too but only if she’s really upset.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm sorry this is happening with your little one. I've never experienced this with my littles so I just did some research on it. I found this brief article enlightening:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/2042 ... -vomiting/

** "If a child seems to have chest congestion after a vomiting episode, call your pediatrician."
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I still do. ..

Ds didn’t get that trait, thank god.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Never.

Honestly, my DD (12) has never really cried since she was a toddler, and that was when she fell or something once or twice.

Crying to that extent would break my heart, especially school aged. 😢
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mine did it every so often. I get in a really bad coughing fit thanks to the crazy pollen and end up coughing so hard I end up throwing up.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My neighbor’s kid did that. I believe he outgrew it.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maybe you are putting too much pressure on him.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like anxiety
Locked Previous topicNext topic