Who else hasn't filed taxes yet?

yoho
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

DH dropped everything with our tax person last week. Should have everything done before tax time. But I think we are going to owe. Our taxes are tied with the business taxes and the tax person does everything.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

mrsjules79 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 pm I did mine and DD's a couple weeks ago. I also amended my 2017 because I didn't understand how to do the education credits before. DD got her refund today since I filed those free on turbotax. I did mine by paper since I didn't feel like paying $60 to turbo tax because of the credit for contributing to my 401. Did it all on turbotax and just didn't submit and quickly did it on paper and mailed them in. She's excited because we'll be getting $5k back that she can use for her tuition next year. Between her nannying job this summer, the refund and the grants she gets from school it should cover her whole year of tuition.
We had to ammend our 2017 taxes because of the education credit too. Our dd didn't have all the right paperwork when we filed the 2017 taxes. We dont qualify for the 2018 education credit because all of dd's tuition was covered by Grant's & scholarships .
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mrsjules79 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 pm I did mine and DD's a couple weeks ago. I also amended my 2017 because I didn't understand how to do the education credits before. DD got her refund today since I filed those free on turbotax. I did mine by paper since I didn't feel like paying $60 to turbo tax because of the credit for contributing to my 401. Did it all on turbotax and just didn't submit and quickly did it on paper and mailed them in. She's excited because we'll be getting $5k back that she can use for her tuition next year. Between her nannying job this summer, the refund and the grants she gets from school it should cover her whole year of tuition.
That's a smart way to save money!
Locked Previous topicNext topic