Sharing baths

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:17 pm Definitely well before that.

I wouldn't want my kids to have any memory of their sibling's naked body when they got older, even if they dont care now.
LOL, PS they will never care if they are young kids. We are not talking about preteens here.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:15 pm

I wouldn't want my kids to have any memory of their sibling's naked body when they got older, even if they dont care now.
Have we really gotten this prudish? They’re siblings, it’s not a huge deal!

I see it as showing respect to children. It's part of teaching them body autonomy. That is in no way prudish.
Yes, when they become uncomfortable I agree but until then that is absolutely ridiculous to think it is wrong.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Perfectly said.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:48 pm

It has nothing to do with being prudish but everything to.do with the right to privacy and the right to body autonomy
I’m all for privacy and body autonomy when they want it, but she was saying that her kids don’t actually want privacy, she just doesn’t want them to have the memory when they’re older. That’s just a little weird to me.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think baths are disgusting. I can't imagine shared baths. Gross.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:54 pm

I see it as showing respect to children. It's part of teaching them body autonomy. That is in no way prudish.
Yes, when they become uncomfortable I agree but until then that is absolutely ridiculous to think it is wrong.

They're never too young to be taught body autonomy.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I stopped sharing baths when my two girls started to fight with each other and make the bathroom floor look like a monsoon hit it, so about four and six.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:12 pm

What do you think body autonomy means? Because "you have to be modest" isn't it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:32 pm

What do you think body autonomy means? Because "you have to be modest" isn't it.

Teaching a child body autonomy means teaching children their body belongs to them. Part of that is respecting their privacy. Solo baths at a young age are a good start.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She is teaching her children body autonomy. Body autonomy is making decisions for your own body, she is allowing her children to make those decisions instead of forcing decisions on them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic