What a waste of time ( update)

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good luck to her. I hope this place works out well once you get it all sorted.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This reminds me that I need to find a therapist for my son. Our current insurance and several before this have had mental health separate from regular and no need for referrals. Sorry. You're right that the obstacles mean people who need them don't get the services.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:30 pm
MeAF wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Exactly! And it’s even harder in your situation with a minor. My daughter is 19 but when my oldest daughter was 14 she was put in a hospital for suicidal thoughts. She was also a cutter. She has come a long way with the help we got her but it was a nightmare!
I had no idea it was so difficult to find a psychiatrist that will treat minors. His therapist recommended 2 people and neither of them will treat anyone under 18. No wonder so many teenagers commit suicide or do something violent. Trying to get them help BEFORE they do something is damn near impossible!
Yep. I had to drive over five hours away to get my daughter the help she needed and even then they only kept her for a few days as an in-patient. After that they wanted to treat her as an out-patient. We had to stay away from home for months while they did her treatment because she couldn’t be there alone. Thank God for the McDonald house that was near by. They treated us so great and we stayed in comfort close by her treatment. We got lucky with a lot of things with her. If it hasn’t been for the great doctor she was seeing we wouldn’t haven’t gotten her in so quickly. But we sure had to travel a ways for that. Everything is harder to find for treating children for some reason.
It's harder to treat children because not many psychiatrist will medicate a child. Many latency units have closed. Inpatient psych beds are difficult to get often times staying in the er for days to weeks waiting for one.
I shit glitter
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 am
MeAF wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I had no idea it was so difficult to find a psychiatrist that will treat minors. His therapist recommended 2 people and neither of them will treat anyone under 18. No wonder so many teenagers commit suicide or do something violent. Trying to get them help BEFORE they do something is damn near impossible!
Yep. I had to drive over five hours away to get my daughter the help she needed and even then they only kept her for a few days as an in-patient. After that they wanted to treat her as an out-patient. We had to stay away from home for months while they did her treatment because she couldn’t be there alone. Thank God for the McDonald house that was near by. They treated us so great and we stayed in comfort close by her treatment. We got lucky with a lot of things with her. If it hasn’t been for the great doctor she was seeing we wouldn’t haven’t gotten her in so quickly. But we sure had to travel a ways for that. Everything is harder to find for treating children for some reason.
It's harder to treat children because not many psychiatrist will medicate a child. Many latency units have closed. Inpatient psych beds are difficult to get often times staying in the er for days to weeks waiting for one.
The one she was in was actually decent but it killed me to leave her there. They had a separate building from everyone else and a separate wing for juveniles and separate for adults.
The therapist she got was great and I credit a lot of the help she got to her PCP who was great and on top of it all when I called her and told her my daughter was sobbing and saying she couldn’t stop thinking about hanging herself. Weeks before this happened the dr prescribed her depression medication. She knew she needed help right away and I literally packed a bag and was on the road within the hour. She didn’t waste any time. If it wasn’t for her I don’t think any of that help would have been there for my daughter so quickly. And the trip was five hours away because it is so hard to find anyone to treat children so we had to travel to find one.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:04 pm

The one she was in was actually decent but it killed me to leave her there. They had a separate building from everyone else and a separate wing for juveniles and separate for adults.
The therapist she got was great and I credit a lot of the help she got to her PCP who was great and on top of it all when I called her and told her my daughter was sobbing and saying she couldn’t stop thinking about hanging herself. Weeks before this happened the dr prescribed her depression medication. She knew she needed help right away and I literally packed a bag and was on the road within the hour. She didn’t waste any time. If it wasn’t for her I don’t think any of that help would have been there for my daughter so quickly. And the trip was five hours away because it is so hard to find anyone to treat children so we had to travel to find one.
It's hard as a parent to see your child in so much unbearable pain and not being able to be with them in the process.

How is she doing now?
I shit glitter
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm
It's hard as a parent to see your child in so much unbearable pain and not being able to be with them in the process.

How is she doing now?
She is doing so much better. That was my oldest daughter and she is now 23 years old. She has her OCD mostly under control and has learned so many coping skills. We worked hard in getting her the services and help she needed. She still has some work to continue but she is so much better than she was when she was in her teens. She use to be a cutter and I constantly worried.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:57 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm

How is she doing now?
She is doing so much better. That was my oldest daughter and she is now 23 years old. She has her OCD mostly under control and has learned so many coping skills. We worked hard in getting her the services and help she needed. She still has some work to continue but she is so much better than she was when she was in her teens. She use to be a cutter and I constantly worried.
That's great to hear. I used to work with adolescents and it's always nice to see them doing good years later.

It's so hard now to get people the help they need to be successful.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I find it weird that you need a referral from a doctor for a walk-in, but yeah, that was a waste of time.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m going to have to go back to the office and talk to someone. I called and these people don’t know what the hell they are doing. I was told a referral was sent over and I still can’t get a damn appointment set up.

Check out my update
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is there any way that you could get her back to this therapist? I'm so sorry that you are being jerked around at a time that is most certainly very upsetting to you.

I read your UPDATE. As it stands, the referral has been located. So, now...what are they waiting for? When will your daughter be seen by a psychiatrist?

[/quote]
The one she was in was actually decent but it killed me to leave her there.
[/quote]
Locked Previous topicNext topic