Can you use high efficiency detergent in a regular washing machine?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am You sure can. You can also use regular detergent in a HE machine, but it should be liquid.
Sure you can use regular detergent in a HE machine that doesn't mean you should. I've done it in a pinch but it foams more than HE detergent and doesn't rinse out as well because they have more suds than HE detergents.
I've done it but just reduced the amount I used.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yep.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:55 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am You sure can. You can also use regular detergent in a HE machine, but it should be liquid.
Why liquid? My powder says it's for he machines and my machine is set up for powders. Ds breaks out with most detergents so I have to stick to certain things.
I have heard that powders don't dissolve properly in a HE washing machine plus they can leave residue in any machine.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:08 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:55 pm
Why liquid? My powder says it's for he machines and my machine is set up for powders. Ds breaks out with most detergents so I have to stick to certain things.
I have heard that powders don't dissolve properly in a HE washing machine plus they can leave residue in any machine.
Well since a search doesn't tell me any of that and it works really well I'm sticking with it. Powder only leaves a residue if you don't properly measure it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic