Can you use high efficiency detergent in a regular washing machine?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A local store is closing and it’s extrmely cheap. My mom has a regular washer and the detergent is high Efficiency. It can be used, right? It won’t ruin anything? Isn’t it just more concentrated?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You sure can. You can also use regular detergent in a HE machine, but it should be liquid.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am You sure can. You can also use regular detergent in a HE machine, but it should be liquid.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am You sure can. You can also use regular detergent in a HE machine, but it should be liquid.
Sure you can use regular detergent in a HE machine that doesn't mean you should. I've done it in a pinch but it foams more than HE detergent and doesn't rinse out as well because they have more suds than HE detergents.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 am
Sure you can use regular detergent in a HE machine that doesn't mean you should. I've done it in a pinch but it foams more than HE detergent and doesn't rinse out as well because they have more suds than HE detergents.
You are correct; it is all about the suds and rinsing. Temperature would make a difference. If you must use non HE detergent, the wash should be low agitation with cold water. With the exception of powders, I am not sure if I have seen non HE liquid laundry detergent on the shelves. I will have to look the next time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 am
You are correct; it is all about the suds and rinsing. Temperature would make a difference. If you must use non HE detergent, the wash should be low agitation with cold water. With the exception of powders, I am not sure if I have seen non HE liquid laundry detergent on the shelves. I will have to look the next time.
Ive seen it still in smaller stores, most of the larger stores Walmart, target, grocery chains have switched over to all HE here.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i would assume so. is it just more concentrated?
I only use thieves products regardless so I am clueless here.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Take a closer look at the label - all the ones I’ve checked lately say it’s safe for both, but you have to look for it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The HE detergents just have less sudsing stuff so you don't end up with foam all over the floor. It should work as well and if it turns out she needs to use more, she got it on sale right?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Why liquid? My powder says it's for he machines and my machine is set up for powders. Ds breaks out with most detergents so I have to stick to certain things.
Locked Previous topicNext topic