Please respond anon, very sensitive topic

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm My baby died in utero at 14 weeks. I had to have a d&c done because he wouldn't come out. I was and still am devastated.
To call what I had to do an abortion is a slap in the face.
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't consider that an abortion. That's a horrible thing to call it. :(

Anonymous 7

Unread post

You’re absolutely, positively incorrect.
agander2017 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:47 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am
agander2017 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 am Nope. I never have, and never will. Though I do know people that have. I don't judge. It's just not for me.
So if you had a tubal pregnancy you would just die instead of aborting?
I don't consider that an abortion, so to speak. That's a medical life saving surgery that needs to be done. An abortion is something you get when you don't want the baby. There's a difference between having the baby surgically removed for a medical reason, and killing it just because you couldn't prevent a pregnancy. One is necessary, one is not.
Anonymous 22

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 am Nope. I never have, and never will. Though I do know people that have. I don't judge. It's just not for me.
I don't consider that an abortion, so to speak. That's a medical life saving surgery that needs to be done. An abortion is something you get when you don't want the baby. There's a difference between having the baby surgically removed for a medical reason, and killing it just because you couldn't prevent a pregnancy. One is necessary, one is not.
You can consider it what you want, it's still called an abortion
Nachobizness
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

no I never have. I am all for people having the right to choose though.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anon’s point is that they are the same procedure. The emotional aspect that people try to put on it does not change that fact.

I think the problem here is mostly people’s emotional reactions to the word abortion. Setting all personal perceptions about what abortion is, it is simply a medical procedure. It’s difficult to remove oneself like that. And, anon knows this and uses that knowledge to turn people’s statements around on them.

It takes talent to remove the personal from the logical. It’s a skill that a lot of people (myself included) should probably work on when responding here.
Anonymous 23

Unread post

Uh, no, and never would.

That said, I haven't been pregnant, either.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's really sad to me how people have picked others apart in this post about how the removal of their ectopic pregnancy was an abortion. I really doubt these ladies didnt understand what was happening to them so I see no need to pound it in their faces that they had abortions.
Anonymous 24

Unread post

no. never. Dr tried to bully me into one. His reasoning wasn't right. The baby was viable. I was right. He was wrong. He was wrong on so many things.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 am It's really sad to me how people have picked others apart in this post about how the removal of their ectopic pregnancy was an abortion. I really doubt these ladies didnt understand what was happening to them so I see no need to pound it in their faces that they had abortions.
Stating facts is not picking anyone apart. It is clear many here do not understand what an abortion is
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Smarties wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 am It's really sad to me how people have picked others apart in this post about how the removal of their ectopic pregnancy was an abortion. I really doubt these ladies didnt understand what was happening to them so I see no need to pound it in their faces that they had abortions.
Stating facts is not picking anyone apart. It is clear many here do not understand what an abortion is

No, that's not "clear" at all. I had a miscarriage. I *know* that's technically an abortion and I dont need anyone to "educate" me on that in a multiple page effort to prove themselves right. But when people ask me if I've ever had an abortion I understand that in general conversation they dont mean miscarriage and I tell them no.

People who've had ectopic pregnancies are surely very aware that they've ended those pregnancies.
Locked Previous topicNext topic