Our Discord Server (Chat)

User avatar
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Unread post

Hey everyone,

I set up a Discord for people to talk/chat in. If you want to pop in and discuss things about today's closing on CM. This will be a permanent chat room and server for people to communicate in.

https://discord.gg/UkGkzRf
Reedusstalker

Unread post

piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am
Hey everyone,

I set up a Discord for people to talk/chat in. If you want to pop in and discuss things about today's closing on CM. This will be a permanent chat room and server for people to communicate in.

https://discord.gg/jmJYE54
This is going to be a chat room? Like this or like chatterbox at Cm used to be?
User avatar
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2431
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

Unread post

Is discord a chat room service? I'm not sure what it is exactly.
Image
User avatar
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm
Is discord a chat room service? I'm not sure what it is exactly.
It is. It's a chat server: I'll be able to create rooms for our users, people can voice chat if they want, and there are a ton of features.
User avatar
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm
piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am
Hey everyone,

I set up a Discord for people to talk/chat in. If you want to pop in and discuss things about today's closing on CM. This will be a permanent chat room and server for people to communicate in.

https://discord.gg/jmJYE54
This is going to be a chat room? Like this or like chatterbox at Cm used to be?
It's a chat server: So people can make their own groups. There is an extension to create chats on the forum as well - next Friday is when I can make all those fixes.
User avatar
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm
piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am
Hey everyone,

I set up a Discord for people to talk/chat in. If you want to pop in and discuss things about today's closing on CM. This will be a permanent chat room and server for people to communicate in.

https://discord.gg/jmJYE54
This is going to be a chat room? Like this or like chatterbox at Cm used to be?
Not exactly the same, it’s a chat room that’s off of the forum server. We can all talk in real time on it.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Reedusstalker

Unread post

piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm
Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm
piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am
Hey everyone,

I set up a Discord for people to talk/chat in. If you want to pop in and discuss things about today's closing on CM. This will be a permanent chat room and server for people to communicate in.

https://discord.gg/jmJYE54
This is going to be a chat room? Like this or like chatterbox at Cm used to be?
It's a chat server: So people can make their own groups. There is an extension to create chats on the forum as well - next Friday is when I can make all those fixes.
Cool! I want to make a group, but it would be private so I can continue to practice my writing.
User avatar
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm
piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm
Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm


This is going to be a chat room? Like this or like chatterbox at Cm used to be?
It's a chat server: So people can make their own groups. There is an extension to create chats on the forum as well - next Friday is when I can make all those fixes.
Cool! I want to make a group, but it would be private so I can continue to practice my writing.
We can set that up - yep!
Reedusstalker

Unread post

piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm
Reedusstalker wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm
piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm


It's a chat server: So people can make their own groups. There is an extension to create chats on the forum as well - next Friday is when I can make all those fixes.
Cool! I want to make a group, but it would be private so I can continue to practice my writing.
We can set that up - yep!
Awesome.
User avatar
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2431
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

Unread post

piratemoo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:02 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm
Is discord a chat room service? I'm not sure what it is exactly.
It is. It's a chat server: I'll be able to create rooms for our users, people can voice chat if they want, and there are a ton of features.
Oh neat, thank you for the clarification!
Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic