do you have breast implants? get in here.

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ok so to update;

I did finally get a FEMALE!!! family doctor who specializes in women health :) so thats freakin awesome, I have been looking a long time and the female docs accepting patients are almost exclusively only taking prenatal patients on, so!!! yay!!!

she sent the referral to my surgeon who implanted them, and I'm supposedly going to be booked for the consult in may, although I did ask to be put on cancelation list.

what I found out; because my family doctor sent the referral for removal, its covered by SaskHealth, as long as the procedure is done in Saskatchewan.

I do not have to go with the surgeon who put them in (although he did a fantastic job putting them, they look and healed great - but I'm having autoimmune reactions non stop)
and I am tempted to ask around to see if it can be done any sooner.

I have found a Breast Implant Illness support group for Canadians and its crazy how many women are dealing with this and having them removed!
way more common than I would have ever guessed
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

oh, and if I go out of province it can cost $7-9000 !!!! whoa....too bad, as there is a specific surgeon I would trust to do the procedure but he is in Alberta!
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ok so I had my doc send referral to another surgeon who I could get into a consult with for march 18th.
*fingers crossed*
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:20 pm ok so I had my doc send referral to another surgeon who I could get into a consult with for march 18th.
*fingers crossed*
I thought of you when I was on Facebook recently, there have been a couple articles, or the same one show up on my feed multiple times haha, from the Toronto star regarding the textured implants and the numerous issues with them degrading and health issues and a rare cancer. I don’t trust the star, but I looked up the reports from cancer care Ontario and Canadian cancer society and it seems legit.
I hope your consult went ok and you get the results you want!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My sister got hers done about 12 years ago and they make her look matronly.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I've had silicone implants for 15 yrs ,no leakage or problems.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 am I've had silicone implants for 15 yrs ,no leakage or problems.
It's ok to have them in that long? I am at 8 years and I am starting to get paranoid I need them redone or out or whatever. I have silicone also.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 am I've had silicone implants for 15 yrs ,no leakage or problems.
It's ok to have them in that long? I am at 8 years and I am starting to get paranoid I need them redone or out or whatever. I have silicone also.
I have had no problems. I do talk about replacing them to get a better shape & size ,I just never make the appt .lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic