do you have breast implants? get in here.

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

so I got my breast implants 3 years ago, and in the last 3 years my health has declined drastically, despite having a healthier lifestyle, getting enough sleep etc.

so many autoimmune responses - worsening gluten reaction, joint pain, especially in my fingers, shoulders, arms hips...and my energy has dwindled to levels that are so low, its almost scary.

and when I go to the doctor, they run tests and everything is always fine.
and I leave the office feeling like an idiot, like someone who is crazy or something, because there is no medical reason of my symptoms.

I have often wondered if the implants had anything to do with it.

doctors scoff when I ask.
'of course not, if they look fine they must be fine'

im not fine, these F***ing things in me, are not fine.

I watched this this morning and cried.....because the phrases she uses to describe her symptoms are the exact same ones that come out of my mouth "I feel like a 90 year old woman wtf is WRONG with me?"

anyways....if you have implants, and whether or not you currently have symptoms, please watch this.

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

so basically, now I have to find out how to get these out of me, which may not be covered by saskhealth - I may have to pay out of pocket unless it is deemed medically necessary to remove them.

I am starting to make calls right now, starting with the surgeon who put them in me.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Silicone implants were pulled off the market for a while because they leaked and the silicone was leeching out into various parts of the women's bodies causing all kinds of issues, including autoimmune issues. These women had horrible symptoms. Then after many cries and complaints from women, they were returned to the market. The newer silicone implants that are textured outside instead of smoothe are now linked to a rare form of cancer. You may be allergic to silicone. It's not as benign as people think. I'm sorry you're having issues with them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have saline implants. I have had them for 12 year. I have never had an issue
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't have them yet however I plan to get them soon. Thanks for sharing. I hope you find answers soon.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I wouldn't get implants. I like the size of my breasts. I would however get a breast lift if I could get it without the ugly scar.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don’t have implants myself, I’m actually working on getting ohip to cover a breast reduction myself.
However, there is a lady on Instagram that I follow who had a lot of the same complaints and issues as you stated in your post. She said that searched Instagram and found a couple of pages that a lot of women shared the same stories about having implants. She ended up getting hers removed very recently and within a couple of weeks she actually started to feel better and the issues were easing up.
I don’t know if that’s helpful for you but it instantly came to mind after reading your post.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:10 am I have saline implants. I have had them for 12 year. I have never had an issue
can I ask a few questions?
1) were they implanted over or under muscle?
what size were your breast before and what size now?

and have you noticed when sitting in the sun and its hot out, have you noticed the implants heating up from the sun?
mine are under the muscle, and textured 'gummy bear' style implant that the girl in this video had in her, and I went from being a sun lover, to not being able to be in the sun for long at all without seriously overheating, having a racing heart, hard time breathing, and feeling faint.
and it was because these damn things hold the heat of the sun and they freakin heat up, and so even after I go int a cooled area it takes forever for the implant themselves to cool down.

has that EVER happened to you?
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 am I don't have them yet however I plan to get them soon. Thanks for sharing. I hope you find answers soon.
from one vain woman who loves to look good to another - its not worth it.
don't do it.
these are not meant to be in our bodies, our bodies are perfect and beautiful in their natural form.

dont do it.

a breast lift? ok go for it, but implants? don't do it. its not worth it.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

also to update - after I posted, I looked up doctors accepting patients and found a female doctor who specializes in women's health and 1) asked her to take on me and my kids to be our family doctor (because we have been just using walk ins and I NEED a family doctor)

and also 2) explained my symptoms, when they started, about the implants, about what I've found out about the experiences of other women, the recalls, everything, and I was really worried that she wouldn't take my concern regarding the implants causing these symptoms seriously, but she did and she sent a referral to the same surgeon who did my argumentation, recommending removal of the implants.

so I will be in touch with their office (the surgeons) and get in for a consultation as soon as I can

the surgeon needs to say its medically necessary in order for SaskHealth to cover the cost of the removal.

and I don't know how long of a wait it will be until removal day.

but right now I feel like....relief ..... hope.....some fear of course as well......but...this is definitely what I need to do.

and I will keep updating this post throughout this process however long it takes
Locked Previous topicNext topic