How often do your kids argue?

Unread post

And how do you handle it? Mine literally argue about everything. Earlier they were arguing about who got more noodles in their chicken noodle soup. And it isn't just that they argue but my son starts screaming and my daughter is just rude. Then my sd tries to play peacemaker and makes it worse or keeps bringing it up. It's their routine, ten gazillion times a day.

They're 9, 10, and 10. They've had their fair share of time outs, spankings, hug it out shirts and the like through the years and nothing has ever really worked.

I really don't want to spend our summer listening to all that so my advice is appreciated.

Unread post

Any advice. Not my advice. Lol typo.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When they were little i would make them work together to do a task. Make a bed while holding hands. That kinda thing. Sometimes i would make them write out 10 things they liked about thier sibling. They are all now very very close. They still faught as kids but but as they got older it was way less in front of me.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are my kids awake? Then they are fighting. 11 and 13 and hate each other. Its bad.

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 pm Are my kids awake? Then they are fighting. 11 and 13 and hate each other. Its bad.
Lol. Does it bother you? I know some amount of sibling rivalry is normal and even healthy. I've also read that you shouldn't intervene or referee unless there is a danger.

I wonder if I'm making it a bigger deal than it really is....or if their amount is more than normal.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My girls are 13 and 6. They argue constantly. Lately, my 13-year-old has gotten really condescending toward her sister.
13 year old boggles my mind though. She's determined to be right at all costs, even to the point of denying basic math. Last night:

13: I'd like another chili dog ( She had already had 2)
Dad: There aren't anymore. The last one is your sisters(who had 1 at that point) There were 2 for each of us.
13: No. Mom had 3.
Me: No, I had 2.
13: Mom, I SAW you eat 3 chili dogs.

Uninterested in arguing, I asked her to logic through. Why would I lie about the amount of food I ate? Where did she suppose this other hot dog came from?(She said we must have had it hidden somewhere.) Ultimately, I asked her to divide 8 by 4.
She admitted that the math showed that we each would have 2, but still refused to believe that I did not have 3 chili dogs.

Moral of my story: I REALLY need to learn how to disengage. LOL
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 pm And how do you handle it? Mine literally argue about everything. Earlier they were arguing about who got more noodles in their chicken noodle soup. And it isn't just that they argue but my son starts screaming and my daughter is just rude. Then my sd tries to play peacemaker and makes it worse or keeps bringing it up. It's their routine, ten gazillion times a day.

They're 9, 10, and 10. They've had their fair share of time outs, spankings, hug it out shirts and the like through the years and nothing has ever really worked.

I really don't want to spend our summer listening to all that so my advice is appreciated.
I have twins and they rarely argue. Because I have always shut it down hardcore from babydom. If they argued over a toy-I just snatched said toy and took it away and no one got it.

Basically my policy is I do not tolerate any fights between them. If they fight and it gets loud enough to where I notice or they come to me about it-they are both in huge trouble and they both get yelled at and punished. So it taught them early on its not worth it to fight ever because every time we both get in trouble.

I made a vow never to play referree and I won't. I don't care who started it or who did what -Just "Oh is that a fight?! Okay you both lose video games for the rest of the week." Magically they never fight
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 pm
CherryTreez wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 pm Are my kids awake? Then they are fighting. 11 and 13 and hate each other. Its bad.
Lol. Does it bother you? I know some amount of sibling rivalry is normal and even healthy. I've also read that you shouldn't intervene or referee unless there is a danger.

I wonder if I'm making it a bigger deal than it really is....or if their amount is more than normal.
I used to try and stop them. It made them worse. I tell them to not kill each other.
Ol--akasha--lo
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

12, 11, and 6. If one of the older two is awake they are trying to pick a fight. The youngest will pick a side.

My sister and I used to fight like crazy. My mom put us in our room and told us whichever one came out alive she was keeping. We didn't fight after that. We still don't get along though, even with the entire country between us.
BlessedMommie88
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My youngest two live to annoy each other. My oldest and middle son can go at it too. Mainly I will separate them, give them chores, send the, to their rooms, put them in time out. If it’d just minor I just tell them to not it off and work it out themselves because they don’t want me involved but I will if it gets too heated.
Locked Previous topicNext topic