Anyone do an out of state move before?

Proudmother5946
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I moved from Alaska to Hawaii. I stayed with my brother and found a house on Craigslist to rent within a few days.
Then I found my second place using the same rental agent.
T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

We're moving just because. We've wanted to move for awhile, but it made sense for me to go to college while we still lived in this area so that I would qualify for instate tuition, and state grants instead of having to wait an extra year to establish residency in a new state. My gram passed away 2 years ago, she's honestly the only reason we stuck in the area in the first place. Neither of our families are very hands on with the kiddos, so we figure it doesn't really matter how far or close we live to/from them. DH works for FedEx so not too hard to get in with another crew wherever we end up.
Maggie wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:51 pm Job guarantee sounds awesome, it would give you the 6 months of experience.
Would you be moving for your DH’s job or just because?

T3hSarah wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:59 pm
Maggie wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm My advice to you would be 1st figure out where you want to live before taking the NCLEX so you can be license in that state. Also both NC and GA pay nurses decently. We moved cross country before and it’s expensive, but worth it!
Whether to take the NCLEX here or in the other state depends on if we decide to move in the middle of the school year for the kids, or wait til summer. I have a job already guaranteed to me when I graduate so I'd be able to get like 6 months experience before the move if we waited until the school year was over.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went from NY to California then back to NY a cpl times but all the moves were pre children and very spur of the moment decisions. We would literally just up and go
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic