What are your plans for Memorial Day?

Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tomorrow I’m hoping to get in the rest of my garden and my son has a baseball game.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:13 pm
kajira wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 am oh yeah I also just bought the new video game. Until Dawn or something like that. Its like a horror decision movie survival game. I am going to play that
That sounds like fun - I splurged and got myself all caught up on the sims4 expansions and pre-ordered the one to be released next month :P
I about got too spooked out playing it a minute ago. I don't play video games much anymore. Mostly just the Walking Dead Tell Tale games is all I play anymore and this is like that one. Mostly a decision based type game where your decisions have consequences that can get others or yourself killed later on etc.
I was doing something and I knew it was spooky and I kept thinking the killer was going to pop out and get me and I was about to pee myself.
I got a kick out of reading your response, Redbottoms! LOL!
BloodHoney
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Steak and smores.
Hopefully find time this weekend to have S*x with my husband. My apologies if that's an over share. 😋
'Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.'
Deleted User 670

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:47 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm
That's ok that nothing much got done today. There's always tomorrow! :)
She's still in bed? Well, she must have worked too hard this past semester! I'd imagine that the first couple nights home are just SUCH A RELIEF for them! So more homework. No more studying. NO MORE EXAMS...Ah.....SLEEP. :) My daughter has been "sleeping in" until about 9:00 am since school let out. Good for her! I hope she has a nice restful summer. She does have a job, though. How about your daughter? Will she work?
Hope your husband feels better soon. Dental surgery is the worst! I think it really wipes ya out! Anyway...Maybe you should all make it a NETFLIX kind of weekend! :)
No she hasn't had her first job yet. We're working on it. She has anxiety and while I keep telling her that her first job is going to be entry level, no experience needed, she still stresses over it.
Sorry to hear your daughter suffers from anxiety. Mine does, too! It's hard watching them struggle with that. Isn't it? Mine stresses and obsesses over a lot. I don't know how old your daughter is; but mine will be 21 soon. I've noticed her anxiety getting better in recent years. I hope your daughter's does, too. :) I hope her summer is off to a great start and that she gets lots of R&R in! :)
She will be 21 in November. She's been on zoloft since her Jr year of high school and it has really helped. But she still needs to learn how to control and confront her triggers. We need to find a therapist or a good support group. We lost my brother to cancer this past October and a month later we lost our 16 year old cat Bounder that we got for our daughter when she was 4. She's had a really tough time. Hell, I've had a really tough time losing my brother and my cat too. She actually asked to see her doctor about her depression which is a huge breakthrough for her to realize that she may need something else besides the zoloft.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm

No she hasn't had her first job yet. We're working on it. She has anxiety and while I keep telling her that her first job is going to be entry level, no experience needed, she still stresses over it.
Sorry to hear your daughter suffers from anxiety. Mine does, too! It's hard watching them struggle with that. Isn't it? Mine stresses and obsesses over a lot. I don't know how old your daughter is; but mine will be 21 soon. I've noticed her anxiety getting better in recent years. I hope your daughter's does, too. :) I hope her summer is off to a great start and that she gets lots of R&R in! :)
She will be 21 in November. She's been on zoloft since her Jr year of high school and it has really helped. But she still needs to learn how to control and confront her triggers. We need to find a therapist or a good support group. We lost my brother to cancer this past October and a month later we lost our 16 year old cat Bounder that we got for our daughter when she was 4. She's had a really tough time. Hell, I've had a really tough time losing my brother and my cat too. She actually asked to see her doctor about her depression which is a huge breakthrough for her to realize that she may need something else besides the zoloft.
Awe! Pinkbutterfly, your daughter and mine are just a month apart in age! And they sound so similar! Mine was taking some meds in her junior and senior year, too. Her anxiety (and stomach!) issues got so bad in her senior year that she actually finished her senior year from HOME! I am very proud of all she accomplished during that difficult time. She is doing much better now. But let me tell you...It had been really bad at one point. It's hard for US to watch them suffer, too.
And your poor daughter...losing her little buddy, Bounder. That had to be so hard on her. Our pets become part of our family and often provide us the most amount of joy when nothing else can. Are you going to get another cat? I know this one can't replace her (YOUR!) BOUNDER. But I was just wondering if you got another.
I think it's great that your daughter knows herself well enough to know when she needs to see her doctor. And to have ASKED to go back to the doctor...She must be a very mature young lady! I hope that her doctor finds something that works for her. Once they find the "right one", things can really get better. I wish her the best. And am sending YOU my support, too. HUG.
I think I remember you talking about losing your brother on CM. I may have even spoken with you a bit about it when he passed. How long ago was it that you lost him? I am so sorry for your loss, Pinkbutterfly. Until you've lost a sibling, you can have no idea how it feels to. I have many siblings. But I lost my sister (who was only 13 months younger than I) about 3 years ago. She had a hard life...battling heroine addiction for many many years. I miss her terribly and so, I know how much you must miss your brother. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 pm
Awe! Pinkbutterfly, your daughter and mine are just a month apart in age! And they sound so similar! Mine was taking some meds in her junior and senior year, too. Her anxiety (and stomach!) issues got so bad in her senior year that she actually finished her senior year from HOME! I am very proud of all she accomplished during that difficult time. She is doing much better now. But let me tell you...It had been really bad at one point. It's hard for US to watch them suffer, too.
And your poor daughter...losing her little buddy, Bounder. That had to be so hard on her. Our pets become part of our family and often provide us the most amount of joy when nothing else can. Are you going to get another cat? I know this one can't replace her (YOUR!) BOUNDER. But I was just wondering if you got another.
I think it's great that your daughter knows herself well enough to know when she needs to see her doctor. And to have ASKED to go back to the doctor...She must be a very mature young lady! I hope that her doctor finds something that works for her. Once they find the "right one", things can really get better. I wish her the best. And am sending YOU my support, too. HUG.
I think I remember you talking about losing your brother on CM. I may have even spoken with you a bit about it when he passed. How long ago was it that you lost him? I am so sorry for your loss, Pinkbutterfly. Until you've lost a sibling, you can have no idea how it feels to. I have many siblings. But I lost my sister (who was only 13 months younger than I) about 3 years ago. She had a hard life...battling heroine addiction for many many years. I miss her terribly and so, I know how much you must miss your brother. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
It took many years to convince her to even try zoloft, thanks to that stupid DARE program. She was convinced all drugs were bad and that antidepressants would change her personality. She realized she was wrong when with the help of zoloft, her senior year was her best year ever since anxiety started its grip on her in middle school.

She has a huge doctor phobia. It goes back to when she was a toddler and we made regular visits to the hematologists to check her platelet levels because of her Von Wile Brands clotting disorder. At 18 months she'd reached the right weight to handle all the vials of blood needed to get her tested. The whole experience traumatized her. For a long time afterwards she would freak out at elevators because she thought all elevators went to the hematologist. She still has a needle phobia. And I suspect PTSD.

We will probably be looking for a kitten soon. We believe in reincarnation and that Bounder was my Augie who came back to me. Augie was my first cat and we shared 18 years together before he succumbed to kidney disease. Bounder was a family cat, even though she would say he was her cat. He made a point to come to each of us for cuddles. We all loved him dearly. Poor Patches adored him and stopped eating when we lost him and went into hepatic lipidosis. We almost lost her too.

We lost my brother in October, like 3 days before my 22 wedding anniversary. We thought he was getting better and then he developed back pain. The cancer came back and had spread to his liver, spine and lungs. He developed a fungal affection in his heart from the port that had been installed and I think that is ultimately what took him from us. He had lost too much weight and just couldn't fight anymore. I really miss my brother. Every day, something reminds me of him and that he's gone.
heldcaptiveby2
Peon

Unread post

Lazy day by the pool. Traditional cookout were both my husband & Dad politely talk shit over who is the better "Grill Master".
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pm
It took many years to convince her to even try zoloft, thanks to that stupid DARE program. She was convinced all drugs were bad and that antidepressants would change her personality. She realized she was wrong when with the help of zoloft, her senior year was her best year ever since anxiety started its grip on her in middle school.

She has a huge doctor phobia. It goes back to when she was a toddler and we made regular visits to the hematologists to check her platelet levels because of her Von Wile Brands clotting disorder. At 18 months she'd reached the right weight to handle all the vials of blood needed to get her tested. The whole experience traumatized her. For a long time afterwards she would freak out at elevators because she thought all elevators went to the hematologist. She still has a needle phobia. And I suspect PTSD.

We will probably be looking for a kitten soon. We believe in reincarnation and that Bounder was my Augie who came back to me. Augie was my first cat and we shared 18 years together before he succumbed to kidney disease. Bounder was a family cat, even though she would say he was her cat. He made a point to come to each of us for cuddles. We all loved him dearly. Poor Patches adored him and stopped eating when we lost him and went into hepatic lipidosis. We almost lost her too.

We lost my brother in October, like 3 days before my 22 wedding anniversary. We thought he was getting better and then he developed back pain. The cancer came back and had spread to his liver, spine and lungs. He developed a fungal affection in his heart from the port that had been installed and I think that is ultimately what took him from us. He had lost too much weight and just couldn't fight anymore. I really miss my brother. Every day, something reminds me of him and that he's gone.
OMG! "DARE" was supposed to do GOOD things! That is such a shame that it affected your daughter the way it did! I am so glad that she was able to find a drug that helped her feel better to the point that she actually ENJOYED her senior year! Good for her!

And then to have a doctor phobia as a result of all those other "goings on." I had never heard of "Von Wile Brands clotting disorder." I can imagine, though, that the testings and all that she went through at a very young age WOULD stick with her. It is amazing the stuff that we DO remember happening to ourselves at very very young ages. I could just picture your daughter fearing getting on elevators! Poor kid! I can definitely relate to how she felt with that. I was very sick as a child and later on in life, I kept "passing out" for no apparent reason. It took a while for us to realize that my "passing out" episodes always seemed to occur when I was in a doctor's office or hospital. Know what it turned out to be? A trigger response. EVERY TIME I SMELLED RUBBING ALCOHOL, I passed out! (Sounds funny to hear this now. But truthfully...every...single...time...I was around it, I passed out!) Doctors told me that it was because when I smelled it, it took me right back to the time when I was a 6 mth old baby and was hospitalized with meningitis. The SMELL of alcohol from the hospital at that time STUCK with me. And I developed a FEAR that was triggered by the SMELL of it! So...sorry to have gotten off topic; but I can definitely relate to your poor daughter's fear of those elevators. Does she have any fear of them now?

You may be right! Your BOUNDER just might have been your little Augie! Makes me smile to think that he was! I can imagine how much joy that (he) must have brought you! :) And it's funny how kids claim that a pet is theirs when in fact it's a family pet. My daughter has done the same with our little yorkie! He's a little lover, though, so he makes his rounds to all of us! You'll have to post if you do get that new little kitten!

I really do think I remember when you lost your brother. That wasn't that long ago either. I can only imagine how much you are missing him right now. It is nice that you think about him every day, though. Those memories make you miss him but they also keep him WITH you. Keep talking about him every chance you get. And tell people that you do like to talk about him. I think it helps to keep his memory alive. Again, I'm sorry for his suffering and for your loss. I am a firm believer though, that, in a way, he is and will always be with you. Here's hoping that every day, there's something that reminds you of him and that that memory brings you comfort. :)
Deleted User 670

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pm

OMG! "DARE" was supposed to do GOOD things! That is such a shame that it affected your daughter the way it did! I am so glad that she was able to find a drug that helped her feel better to the point that she actually ENJOYED her senior year! Good for her!

And then to have a doctor phobia as a result of all those other "goings on." I had never heard of "Von Wile Brands clotting disorder." I can imagine, though, that the testings and all that she went through at a very young age WOULD stick with her. It is amazing the stuff that we DO remember happening to ourselves at very very young ages. I could just picture your daughter fearing getting on elevators! Poor kid! I can definitely relate to how she felt with that. I was very sick as a child and later on in life, I kept "passing out" for no apparent reason. It took a while for us to realize that my "passing out" episodes always seemed to occur when I was in a doctor's office or hospital. Know what it turned out to be? A trigger response. EVERY TIME I SMELLED RUBBING ALCOHOL, I passed out! (Sounds funny to hear this now. But truthfully...every...single...time...I was around it, I passed out!) Doctors told me that it was because when I smelled it, it took me right back to the time when I was a 6 mth old baby and was hospitalized with meningitis. The SMELL of alcohol from the hospital at that time STUCK with me. And I developed a FEAR that was triggered by the SMELL of it! So...sorry to have gotten off topic; but I can definitely relate to your poor daughter's fear of those elevators. Does she have any fear of them now?

You may be right! Your BOUNDER just might have been your little Augie! Makes me smile to think that he was! I can imagine how much joy that (he) must have brought you! :) And it's funny how kids claim that a pet is theirs when in fact it's a family pet. My daughter has done the same with our little yorkie! He's a little lover, though, so he makes his rounds to all of us! You'll have to post if you do get that new little kitten!

I really do think I remember when you lost your brother. That wasn't that long ago either. I can only imagine how much you are missing him right now. It is nice that you think about him every day, though. Those memories make you miss him but they also keep him WITH you. Keep talking about him every chance you get. And tell people that you do like to talk about him. I think it helps to keep his memory alive. Again, I'm sorry for his suffering and for your loss. I am a firm believer though, that, in a way, he is and will always be with you. Here's hoping that every day, there's something that reminds you of him and that that memory brings you comfort. :)
It was the weirdest thing. It was about 2 years after Augie had died. I'd pretty much given up hope that he'd find his way back to me again. But there was THAT one weekend when she was 4, I got a bee in my bonnet that we HAD to get her a kitten THAT weekend. Poor Salem was getting tired of all her attention and he was just too big for her to pick up. So she and her dad go off to Petsmart to look at kittens and they were too late. The next day, there was one advert in the paper for kittens. So off we go look at some tuxedo kittens. We go into this tiny back yard and all the kittens are running around. We come home with the one that played with her the most. As he got older, he would just look at me like there was something he had to tell me. A secret. It's hard to explain. Then a year or two later, I'm standing in the bathroom staring into the medicine cabinet mirror and I see this orange/blond tail sticking straight up at the bottom of the mirror coming into the room. Still looking into the mirror I say "Hello Max" thinking it's our orange and white tabby. I turn around to to say hello properly and Bounder is standing in the bathroom. I actually walk out of the bathroom and look in the bedroom and the hallway and down over the railing for Max! Nope, the only cat upstairs is Bounder, who definitely does not have an orange or a blond tail. But Augie did. He was a blond and white tabby. Bounder never really responded or reacted to the name Augie though.
lwalker270
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Nothing other than putzing around the house. DH is working so the kids and are are having a laid-back day.
Locked Previous topicNext topic