Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Care.com?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If my father wasn't deceased, I'd swear it was him who typed your response.

Some times people need to hear it exactly as you said it.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:30 pm Anyone else having nanny issues during corona virus? I just want this to be OVER!!!!! I have two wonderful nannies who usually help me out with my kids but because of the virus they went home to be with their families and have since left our city for good. Now I can't find anyone, and my husband is refusing to allow anyone new in the house because he doesn't know who they're spending time with outside of work. Now its just me with the kids and its so frustrating. I stopped drinking after my sons 5th birthday and I nearly blacked out and threw up all over my daughters nursery (TMI!!!!!!!) but now I"m back to a bottle of wine a night. I really don't know what to do and I feel like i'm drowning
Stop relying on others to help you. Get help for your obvious addiction, step up and be a F***ing parent and act like an Adult....for starters.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ahh, the view from the high horse! How is it up there?

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am I will never understand people who have kids when they can't handle them on their own. I nanny for 3 families(all parents work full time+) with 6 kids between them, plus my own 2. 3 of the kids are doing remote learning the others are ages 5 and under with 2 under 1, and have no issues. You need parenting classes and AA. And for the love god just stop buying booze.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, no. I don't need to find empathy for alcoholic parents and you can blame my alcoholic mother for that. It is the parent's responsibility to BE a PARENT and NOT an ADDICT. I feel for the kids of a parent who can't put the booze down because I know what those kids are going through. I don't need to feel a damn thing for the parent themselves.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 pm Many people I know have been drinking more than usual during the pandemic, and I know plenty of SAHMs with nannies and/or housekeepers.

If OP generally has a drinking problem, dehumanizing her because of her economic status is cruel. Even if you don’t consider her problems “real problems,” they are real problems to her. f**k all of this political correctness.

How about we all find some empathy for the people around us. Sometimes it’s for someone walking into the food bank where you volunteer, and sometimes it’s for a friend that has a broken humidifier in her wine cellar. Why is everyone now choosing to be an asshole to someone or other?

It never makes me feel better to belittle others, and I wish more people felt this way.
Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 pm This can't be real. You're going to admit on a Moms site you blacked out and can't find a nanny? When there are people here affected by the virus, wildfires, the riots, homeschooling? If this is real you really need help. And I'm sure you know that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am Ahh, the view from the high horse! How is it up there?

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am I will never understand people who have kids when they can't handle them on their own. I nanny for 3 families(all parents work full time+) with 6 kids between them, plus my own 2. 3 of the kids are doing remote learning the others are ages 5 and under with 2 under 1, and have no issues. You need parenting classes and AA. And for the love god just stop buying booze.
No high horse here. Not my fault she'sa drunk who can't handle 2 children on her own. Like i said I'll never understand people who have kids if they can't handle them. Guess you too are a drunk who can't handle her kids huh?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am Ahh, the view from the high horse! How is it up there?

No high horse here. Not my fault she'sa drunk who can't handle 2 children on her own. Like i said I'll never understand people who have kids if they can't handle them. Guess you too are a drunk who can't handle her kids huh?
Lol, sure, that’s a reasonable assumption.

Hope you have more compassion for the kids you care for.

Guess since they had to hire to help, they must be drunks too!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

First, TELL your therapist! She should know this because it's clearly a huge problem. She cannot help you if she doesn't have all the info about you. Second, your husband needs to give you all the support he can but you have to do the lion's share of the work on this. If you are taking anti-depressants the dose may need to be increased but you MUST stop drinking anything as long as you are on them. Both together could be a serious, even fatal health emergency. Please start by talking to your husband and remove alcohol from your house for a while. Good luck!
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes my nanny quit because she didn't trust that my SO cold wasn't covid so things are tough at the moment. My 10 year old is doing virtual school so now I'm a "teacher" a "nanny" and a mom. I understand a need to have a glass a wine but a bottle is way too much.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 am I've never heard of a nanny bringing in a boatload of kids like that.
A lot of families share a nanny.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 am

Lol, sure, that’s a reasonable assumption.

Hope you have more compassion for the kids you care for.

Guess since they had to hire to help, they must be drunks too!
I'm hoping OP is a troll since her post is ridiculous and over the top but the above poster was not on a high horse with her. Needing two nannies to raise her children then when the nannies are no longer there, getting blackout drunk over spending time with them and overseeing schooling is past the need for a therapist and well into rehab territory. If she doesn't watch it, she could be looking at far worse than actually having to parent her own children. Her husband needs to know what she's doing and not leave her alone with their children until she gets sober and proves she won't fall apart over being a mother.
Locked Previous topicNext topic