I don't wear a face mask

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 am Severe asthma with some copd. Lungs are pretty damaged.

Guess what?

I can wear a mask.
Severe asthma with bronchiectasis, I’ve masked during flu season and poor AQ days for nearly 10 yrs no issues. Same with my mom who has asthma and copd and my aunt who has CF. Dh who has copd, and Mil’s SO who has copd, and a friend of mine’s aunt who just had a lung transplant last year started masking at the beginning of this and haven’t had issues. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s not totally improbable but extremely rare, maybe all the masks op have tried have some material in common that she’s allergic to that’s triggering the attacks.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 am

Okay so why was I unable to breathe in one to the point where I ended up on the hospital?
It's psychosomatic.
If that was true it would have happened before I even got into the store.
Not necessarily. It’s clearly something your not use to. It may just take that long for your subconscious anxiety to escalate to the point of trigger the attack. Have you tried a sports mask? Under Armour has one that’s supposed to be pretty breathable and has a layer that pulls the moisture away from your mouth. I use Cambridge masks, I know someone who prefers vogmasks(they aren’t bad but haven’t had the testing that the ones my family uses but better than just cotton cloth masks)
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm When I see someone not wearing a mask in our state with a mask mandate, I think, "Good, I'm glad they have the nerve to not wear one." I think they're BS anyway. I guess you just keep running into the a$$holes.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21262273/ ... s-new-york
How masks helped Hong Kong control the coronavirus
New research shows that universal mask-wearing may help slow the spread of Covid-19.
By Alex Ward
May 18, 2020, 2:10pm EDT

New York City, with a population of about 8.4 million, has had over 28,000 coronavirus deaths as of May 18. Meanwhile, Hong Kong has officially recorded only four Covid-19 deaths, despite having 7.5 million residents.

One reason that could help explain the stark disparity: In Hong Kong, nearly everyone wears a face mask in public.

If any city in the world was likely to experience the worst effects of the coronavirus, Hong Kong would have been a top candidate. The urban area is densely populated and heavily reliant on packed public-transit systems, and it has very few open spaces. Moreover, a high-speed train connects Hong Kong to Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus originated.

Hong Kong, it seemed, was doomed.

But almost as soon as the outbreak first began in the city, millions of residents started wearing masks in public. One local told the Los Angeles Times that the government didn’t have to say anything before 99 percent of the population put them on.

Experts now say widespread mask usage appears to be a major reason, perhaps even the primary one, why the city hasn’t been devastated by the disease.

“If not for universal masking once we depart from our home every day, plus hand hygiene, Hong Kong would be like Italy long ago,” K.Y. Yuen, a Hong Kong microbiologist advising the government, told the Wall Street Journal last month.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 am

It's psychosomatic.
If that was true it would have happened before I even got into the store.
Not necessarily. It’s clearly something your not use to. It may just take that long for your subconscious anxiety to escalate to the point of trigger the attack. Have you tried a sports mask? Under Armour has one that’s supposed to be pretty breathable and has a layer that pulls the moisture away from your mouth. I use Cambridge masks, I know someone who prefers vogmasks(they aren’t bad but haven’t had the testing that the ones my family uses but better than just cotton cloth masks)
The one I was using when I had the bad attack came from my doctor. I don't remember the brand but it is made especially for people who have problems breathing. I thought it was good and I even tested it at home. I think the physical activity of shopping (which can be hard for me as it is) with the fact that it did make it harder to breathe is what caused it. I was actually excited about finding one I thought would work so I don't think it was anxiety related. The only anxiety I felt was after my rescue inhaler didn't work and I truly couldn't breathe.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Wow you sure have a lot of drama going on. Multiple asthma attacks, passing out, ambulance rides, confrontations from an angry mob, wheeling around an oxygen tank, being fired from your job. All because of a little cotton mask LOL.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:41 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm When it was said that you wear a mask to protect others and they wear a mask to protect you I knew there would be problems. Many are so selfish that they could care less about other people. My mom had lung cancer and had half of 1 of her lungs removed and also has copd. She wears a mask and only goes places where she can distance herself. She also takes advantage of home delivery and hours for vulnerable people. You should be glad that you do not work somewhere like a hospital or nursing home where you would have to wear one for 12 hours or be exposed to the virus.
I actually ended up losing my job over the mask issue. The company requires everyone to wear a mask and I couldn't. My shift was only 8 hours though.
Troll that's illegal. They can't fire you for medical issues.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:41 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm When it was said that you wear a mask to protect others and they wear a mask to protect you I knew there would be problems. Many are so selfish that they could care less about other people. My mom had lung cancer and had half of 1 of her lungs removed and also has copd. She wears a mask and only goes places where she can distance herself. She also takes advantage of home delivery and hours for vulnerable people. You should be glad that you do not work somewhere like a hospital or nursing home where you would have to wear one for 12 hours or be exposed to the virus.
I actually ended up losing my job over the mask issue. The company requires everyone to wear a mask and I couldn't. My shift was only 8 hours though.
Troll that's illegal. They can't fire you for medical issues.
It isn't a coincidence that me and the other person who wouldn't wear a mask (for non medical reasons) lost our jobs on the same day which was the day of the mask mandate at work.

The official reason on paper was budget cuts but I'm not stupid enough to think that is the truth.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am sorry. My son has severe autism. I seriously stress out about the mask issue as he absolutely cannot tolerate them. I’m going to try buying some of those neck warmers things and pray that he may allow it. I don’t have much faith though. I don’t actually know who I’d ask to write him a medical excuse. I guess I could try his psych doc. He rarely goes in public anyway. None of this is actually a major issue since my state hasn’t issued a statewide mask ordinance. I still wish I could get him to wear one.
penpen
Villein
Villein

Unread post

The irony of course being that severe asthmatics often wear filtering masks to PREVENT asthma attacks in extreme cold, smoke and dusty situations.

As an asthmatic who has to wear an N95 every summer due to the frequency of bushfires where I live I find the "I'm a severe asthmatic I can't wear a mask" argument that has suddenly sprung up out of nowhere bizarre. We're the ones usually wearing the masks, why have we suddenly lost the ability to wear them?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:23 pm The thing that surprises me the most about this whole mask issue is that I haven’t heard anyone making a fuss about someone else’s mask or lack of mask.
Yes it definitely happens. I was talking to one of the chain grocery store managers and she says some of these nitwits have actually called the police on people in her store not wearing a mask. I get some glares occasionally. A store I was at, someone whined to the manager and he came and found me. LOL. People are absolutely off their rockers now.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic