This is Our School's Solution?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So SS said today (I haven't been keeping up with the school thing, have filed for divorce and soon to be ex-DH should be the one dealing with it so I just let it be) that our school district's solution to the rest of the school year is that "all the work from now till the end of the year is extra credit. " So basically they don't have to do anything if they don't want. Sounds like a bunch of lazy teachers to me. (SS is in high school btw, this isn't 1st or 2nd grade we're talking about - and he's even taking an AP class. ) Sheesh.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is something schools have never had to deal with before this. It’s going to take them some time to figure it out.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 am So SS said today (I haven't been keeping up with the school thing, have filed for divorce and soon to be ex-DH should be the one dealing with it so I just let it be) that our school district's solution to the rest of the school year is that "all the work from now till the end of the year is extra credit. " So basically they don't have to do anything if they don't want. Sounds like a bunch of lazy teachers to me. (SS is in high school btw, this isn't 1st or 2nd grade we're talking about - and he's even taking an AP class. ) Sheesh.

Schools weren't ready for this. It's the decision of the administration to do whatever each district is doing. They're doing the best they can. It's no one's fault.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Kids just aren't doing it here. I'm in a low income area. Their parents just aren't making them do it. They are just giving them the grade they had as of the last day before the school buildings closed.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There are parts of my district that don't have internet access, and other parts that may or may not have a computer for their kids to work on. The district has issued some cheap ass chromebooks for kid who don't have one, but they can't do anything about internet access. So, teachers aren't allowed to teach anything new, and everything the district sends to the kids is review.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DD is in seventh grade. All honors classes. Straight A's.

Honestly, I wish our school system was lenient like that.

Starting April 14th, they'll be on this rigid "distance learning" schedule via chrome book. No exceptions or excuses. It's the start of the 4th quarter. DD had already checked out being home the last few weeks.

This is definitely going to be too much like homeschooling for me. I didn't sign up for this! LOL!
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And what's your solution to a very sudden and unforseen problem?
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My kids are still going to school. I wish they could close them down already.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son would be taking the classes. It wouldn't even be an option for him. Here he has to. But he'd either do the work or find himself cleaning my garage and fixing my fence. I don't think it would take him long to realize he should do classes extra credit or not.

The schools are certainly trying to do the best they can.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No one knows what to do in this situation and everyone is doing the best they can. I highly doubt it is because of the teachers being lazy. My son is a senior and they just got started with distance learning this week. The assignments are pretty much useless at this point but they're doing the best they can under extraordinary circumstances. Everyone is in the same boat.
Locked Previous topicNext topic