I'm not allowing DD or SD back in the house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

They are both home from college. They got cited for being at a big bone fire along with 40ish other people. We have a stay in place order and the fines can be up to $5,000 each.

They had asked about going and we told them not to but they went anyway.

I rekeyed the locks and changed the security codes. SS is immunocompromised. There is no way I am having people who are so blatantly disregarding the law and the health of their brother in the house.

Dh isn't happy about any of it but he doesn't know any better options.

They are adults. They made an adult decision and now they need to figure out where to go from here.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:31 pm They are both home from college. They got cited for being at a big bone fire along with 40ish other people. We have a stay in place order and the fines can be up to $5,000 each.

They had asked about going and we told them not to but they went anyway.

I rekeyed the locks and changed the security codes. SS is immunocompromised. There is no way I am having people who are so blatantly disregarding the law and the health of their brother in the house.

Dh isn't happy about any of it but he doesn't know any better options.

They are adults. They made an adult decision and now they need to figure out where to go from here.
Attachments
tenor (16).gif
tenor (16).gif (171.23 KiB) Viewed 703 times
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Wow. So many shitty parents on here.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 pm Wow. So many shitty parents on here.
Sorry but no. If I was a shitty parent I would allow them back in which would put SS at risk. Dh isn't even coming home at this point to avoid putting SS at risk... Why should the girls be able to do what they want and still come home?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

That sucks they were so irresponsible and selfish! Is there another way you can help them now since they made a bad decision? A camping trailer, cabin or motel room rental? I hope they understand the gravity of the situation and stop going out.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 pm Wow. So many shitty parents on here.
Actually no. If an adult decides to forgo warnings and engage in risky behavior why should other family members lives be compromised? They made their choice and now they are suffering the consequences. It is not an easy decision but in high risk situations sometimes people have to be left behind due to their choices.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You're right. They're adults. They're not entitled to put their brother's life at risk because of their stupidity.
Deleted User 1476

Unread post

How is she being a shitty parent? For not wanting to compromise her child’s health and well-being due to the foolish choices of adults? Yeah ok...
Anonymous 7

Unread post

that isn't shitty parenting. if my adult dd hadn't stop running around hanging out with friends I would have done the same thing. I actually threaten to do it last weekend for that reason. but I dont have a child that immune compromised. i work in a nursing home.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The more I see, the more I appreciate mine.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic