Potty training

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DD was about 3 and a half. One day she just got it. It's like a lightbulb went off. No night accidents either.

I never made it a huge deal.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is wrong with you people?
It's F***ing potty training. Who cares what age a kid gets trained? Two or three it doesn't matter. It's not they'll get a college scholarship for training at two. Tell you what. Have a kid that has encropesis, go through that hell and get back to me. Maybe then you'll have some empathy.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All 3 of mine were 3+. There was no training, it was just pretty much done.

All these mothers who trained by 2 are cracking me up! Getting up 3 times a night??? Good lord, that is training the parent, lol. It is such a small issue in the scheme of raising kids, they all get there eventually.and by the time they are 18 and graduating— it does not matter if mommy was sitting them in the potty every 2 hours at 18 months with m&m’s or if they decide to finally put themselves there at age 4. Good luck to you.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Or you could just admit to trolling and lying.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am That’s ironic coming from you, troll. Still haven’t admitted you lied and got busted.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 am

Just looking to start drama move on. Why all the cheap shots?
Again move on with the cheap shots. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Only one mom got up three times a night with her kids.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:51 am All 3 of mine were 3+. There was no training, it was just pretty much done.

All these mothers who trained by 2 are cracking me up! Getting up 3 times a night??? Good lord, that is training the parent, lol. It is such a small issue in the scheme of raising kids, they all get there eventually.and by the time they are 18 and graduating— it does not matter if mommy was sitting them in the potty every 2 hours at 18 months with m&m’s or if they decide to finally put themselves there at age 4. Good luck to you.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 am Only one mom got up three times a night with her kids.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:51 am All 3 of mine were 3+. There was no training, it was just pretty much done.

Ok? It made me laugh. Multiple ones had naked children running around while the parents were trained themselves to usher their cherubs to the potty every 2 hours? It just makes me chuckle.

And awesome for them, if that worked for their family. But it is not worthy of a parenting character trait award, as some have suggested. Nor does it warrant shaming the mom in the OP!

My children did not need M&M’s or mommy’s reminders, nor did we have accidents or naked bodies running around. I waited until minds, their bladders and their strong will were ready and that was that for OUR family. No training required. I don’t think that makes me superior or inferior to someone who took a different path, but I cannot help but laugh at some of those imagined images.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:07 am Calling me a liar says nothing about me and everything about you.
No one said there were trophies. But you were being an ass to the other poster and you were wrong. Many kids train young.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:05 am Yippee, sanctimonious mommy fibbing her ass off. Motherhood and potty training is not a F***ing competition and there are no trophies for the youngest 'potty trained' child.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:36 am My daughter was trained at about 19 months. She had one accident ever, which was probably my fault, while we were out shopping a few weeks later.
Just because your kid was delayed doesn’t mean all kids are.

Many kids may be trained young, but if it takes weeks to potty train then you're doing it wrong. If there are still accidents then the kid isn't potty trained. And I stand by my assertion. If potty training takes weeks and months then you are doing it too early before the child is truly ready. Most kids at 2 have a lot of dry nights, that just means their bladder is able to hold their pee longer. That doesn't mean the child is ready to potty train at 2. Potty training should be easy for the neurotypical child, it should not take weeks and involve mom getting up multiple times at night to wake the child up to pee. THAT is not potty trained. And as for the rest of your comments... bite me.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Classy.

Good thing it didn’t take weeks. We did the 3 day method. And had the one accident.

So, you’re wrong. A real woman would own it, but you’ll just keep calling people names in your standard crazy way.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:07 am Calling me a liar says nothing about me and everything about you.
No one said there were trophies. But you were being an ass to the other poster and you were wrong. Many kids train young.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:05 am Yippee, sanctimonious mommy fibbing her ass off. Motherhood and potty training is not a F***ing competition and there are no trophies for the youngest 'potty trained' child.
Many kids may be trained young, but if it takes weeks to potty train then you're doing it wrong. If there are still accidents then the kid isn't potty trained. And I stand by my assertion. If potty training takes weeks and months then you are doing it too early before the child is truly ready. Most kids at 2 have a lot of dry nights, that just means their bladder is able to hold their pee longer. That doesn't mean the child is ready to potty train at 2. Potty training should be easy for the neurotypical child, it should not take weeks and involve mom getting up multiple times at night to wake the child up to pee. THAT is not potty trained. And as for the rest of your comments... bite me.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 am DD was about 3 and a half. One day she just got it. It's like a lightbulb went off. No night accidents either.

I never made it a huge deal.
This is what I did with my youngest 2. They were both a little over 3 when they started using the toilet. I pushed with my first and it was a PIA, so with my next two, I was going to ignore the when are you going to potty train comments and just let them be. I’d encourage them to use the potty, but no pushing. My youngest just started using the toilet and he turned 3 in July. He only wears diapers at night. I don’t have to take him to the potty every hour or whatever. He knows when he has to pee, and he goes. It’s so much easier if you let them take them take the lead.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:44 am Classy.

Good thing it didn’t take weeks. We did the 3 day method. And had the one accident.

So, you’re wrong. A real woman would own it, but you’ll just keep calling people names in your standard crazy way.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 am

I repeat: IDGAF and bite me
Locked Previous topicNext topic