Do you believe that man lived with dinosaurs?

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Of course. Just watch The Flintstones lol.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:35 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm Yes. There is tons of evidence that they did.
What evidence?

There is a lot of ancient art depicting dinosaurs and humans interacting, to start with. Or just dinosaurs. From China to Europe to Native American Indian art. Also many stories of dragons and other creatures described like dinosaurs. Maybe these are completely made up, or maybe they had inspiration from real creatures that people saw. Footprints that are hominid in the same rock layer as dinosaur footprints.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not humans as we know them now. And it damn sure wasn't six thousand years ago. That's a ridiculous and rudimentary biblical claim created by later humans.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When DS was a toddler, I made the stupid choice to take him to feed the geese at a nearby pond. We were almost murdered by a flock of velociraptor-like evil birds. I swear I turned into a mom ninja, managing to haul my toddler, ward off dinos, and get us back into the car. We barely escaped with our lives.

So yes, we coexist with dino-descendents.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I believe it's possible that some evolution of man lived with dinosaurs
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:47 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm Yes. There is tons of evidence that they did.
What evidence?

There is a lot of ancient art depicting dinosaurs and humans interacting, to start with. Or just dinosaurs. From China to Europe to Native American Indian art. Also many stories of dragons and other creatures described like dinosaurs. Maybe these are completely made up, or maybe they had inspiration from real creatures that people saw. Footprints that are hominid in the same rock layer as dinosaur footprints.
The only thing is that while there is art depicting dinosaurs, carbon dating and fossils speak otherwise. Most of the dinosaurs were killed off in the meteor strike also. But all are theories anyway, except for carbon dating. I have always been interested in this topic.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Birds are dinosaurs so it would be stupid to say we dont live with them
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:47 am

What evidence?

The only thing is that while there is art depicting dinosaurs, carbon dating and fossils speak otherwise. Most of the dinosaurs were killed off in the meteor strike also. But all are theories anyway, except for carbon dating. I have always been interested in this topic.

Everything is a theory; no one was actually there. Of course I can't say for sure either.

Carbon dating only goes back 50,000 years and has plenty of room for error because of the assumptions it uses. Its not used generally for dinosaur fossils. Other dating methods predict older ages but also are full of assumptions and potential for error. Namely, that the rate of decay has stayed the same throughout all this time, there is no contamination in the sample (over all this time as well), etc. I find these assumptions in particular to be problematic myself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic