A teacher friend of mine wants to post this in her classroom.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18 am There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.
Iffrinn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Kids should learn these things LONG before they get to college.
This isn’t the 60s. There are tons of safe spaces in college now. No more free speech.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I’ve lived in the “real world” for many years now. Haven’t found most of that to be true,
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love it. 😍

The over coddling of kids makes this poster an excellent idea. Everything on it is true. Many kids need to read it.

My son's first grade teacher used to say all the time that crying doesn't solve problems. She was 100% right.

God bless teachers, I don't know how they do it.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:04 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 pm what grade?
I would go with something motivational. believe it achieve kind of stuff.
She teaches either 5th or 6th.
I don't think she actually will. It's something she put on FB saying she wanted to post it, but honestly I don't think it's bad for kids to learn.
ODS is entertaining 5th grade. If I saw that in his teacher’s classroom I’d be going straight to the head of school along with at least 75% of the other parents.
[/quote

🤣🤣🤣
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:54 pm If more teachers were like this, there might be fewer kids whining about needing a "safe space" and having a meltdown every time they get their feelings hurt.
I'm not saying it's okay to go around hurting other people's feelings on purpose. But in real life, you ARE going to get your feelings hurt, you SHOULD understand that no one owes you anything, and you are entitled to your emotions, but also responsible for handling those emotions appropriately.
It's GOOD for kids to learn these things.
Perfectly said!
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:37 am I’ve lived in the “real world” for many years now. Haven’t found most of that to be true,
I have found all those things listed true. But, then I guess our life experiences are different.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I agree.
Iffrinn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.

Calling an area a "safe space" doesn't make it "safe". We should be teaching kids how to handle life, not hide from it.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Unfortunately it takes a village and when you have parents who blame teachers for their children’s failings the children grow to believe that they are infallible.

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:31 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm I had a teacher whose mantra on the board was “a lack of planning on your part does not constitute An emergency on mine!”

Kids, starting in K need to realize life isn’t always fair!
They do teach that or at least the good ones do. But they usually have inspirational quotes and mottos.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

So. It’s the truth!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When did you go to college?
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18 am There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Locked Previous topicNext topic