F*CK you BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:51 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:45 pm

I work at an OBGYN office. I was calling the insurance company trying to get a WWE paid for a 39 year old woman.
That's kind of funny though, who would troll about something like this?
Oh. Sorry I misunderstood. Are you saying BCBS only covers paps for girls up to age 8? That makes zero sense!
Yes. Exactly.
I'm like WTFH?! lol.
They're lying to their people buying their policies and going against ACA. What's worst, I can't find any documentation to file a complaint about this.
:x :x

I am 31 and they covered my pap smear
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:02 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm
Oh. Sorry I misunderstood. Are you saying BCBS only covers paps for girls up to age 8? That makes zero sense!
Yes. Exactly.
I'm like WTFH?! lol.
They're lying to their people buying their policies and going against ACA. What's worst, I can't find any documentation to file a complaint about this.

Depending on state they might, I think it has more to do with the patient's individual plan and not BCBS as a whole. I've had BCBS before, but I never had a pap done during my enrollment with them.
But for 2 patient's I called on today I was told that the age limit is 8 years old.
BS.

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Yes. Exactly.
I'm like WTFH?! lol.

Depending on state they might, I think it has more to do with the patient's individual plan and not BCBS as a whole. I've had BCBS before, but I never had a pap done during my enrollment with them.
But for 2 patient's I called on today I was told that the age limit is 8 years old.
BS.

That a crazy; I mean we pay for the best plan they have so that may be why, the only thing they didn't cover was a 30 dollar pregnancy test.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:07 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:04 pm

BS.

That a crazy; I mean we pay for the best plan they have so that may be why, the only thing they didn't cover was a 30 dollar pregnancy test.
It just really sucks because the insurance is lying to them and makes these charges patient's responsibility so I have to bill the patient. :( I feel so bad doing it.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

NOt at 8, no
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Betty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm BCBS covers my pap every year and has for years.
Same here
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've had BCBS up until just a few months ago ( now Aetna)...they always covered my pap and my mammograms. I think someone was pulling your leg or you misunderstood something. They probably meant they start covering at the age of 8 due to precocious puberty, kids going through puberty earlier, not to mention sexual abuse and the possibiliy of pregnancy/ STDs in children.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What do you mean an age limit? Like they only do it until 8?

Our bcbs of Michigan covers my exams. Are you sure you or they didn’t misunderstand? Bc that sounds like someone is an idiot there
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm Um there's got to be some form of miscommunication somewhere on there. Have I heard of insurance companies covering paps for kids as young as 8, yes. You have to consider that many girls are starting their periods younger and younger these days so having paps covered at that age could be important to discovering any potential health issues for the child.

An age limit of 8 as in they only cover until the age of 8, well that's ridiculous and someone wasn't reading the policy correctly.
It certainly sounds like it. The way the op makes it sound, PAP's are done on infants and toddlers. Which isn't correct. Someone got their wires crossed.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Someone’s confused bc there’s just no way that’s accurate.

And you can’t really judge bcbs as a whole for someone’s individual policy. I’ve had them for years and never had an issue with my yearly visits being covered.
Locked Previous topicNext topic