Thoughts on a female god

T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I was at the mall a few weeks ago and was approached by 2 girls wanting to discuss the bible. I let them do their thing figuring its going to be the same old thing you hear from those that like to chase people around and talk about the bible.

I was actually surprised and enjoyed the discussion instead as they brought up the idea of the possibility of a female god. Not that the male god does not exist but that the 3rd part of the trinity is actually the Father, the Son, and the Mother (labeled as the holy ghost).

There were a few spots in the scripture where it says we, and us and this is during the old testament so before Jesus. And it makes sense to write out the female as the time frame of the original writing and disseminating of the completed bible was in a time when females were not respected, and most certainly not be considered an equal.

I wish I could remember the various scriptures they were pointing out.

Also they hit hard on the whole day of sabbath being all wrong as it clearly says the 7th day is the holy day and we do the whole church thing on Sunday the first day of the week instead of Saturday the 7th day of the week.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

T3hSarah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:14 pm I was at the mall a few weeks ago and was approached by 2 girls wanting to discuss the bible. I let them do their thing figuring its going to be the same old thing you hear from those that like to chase people around and talk about the bible.

I was actually surprised and enjoyed the discussion instead as they brought up the idea of the possibility of a female god. Not that the male god does not exist but that the 3rd part of the trinity is actually the Father, the Son, and the Mother (labeled as the holy ghost).

There were a few spots in the scripture where it says we, and us and this is during the old testament so before Jesus. And it makes sense to write out the female as the time frame of the original writing and disseminating of the completed bible was in a time when females were not respected, and most certainly not be considered an equal.

I wish I could remember the various scriptures they were pointing out.

Also they hit hard on the whole day of sabbath being all wrong as it clearly says the 7th day is the holy day and we do the whole church thing on Sunday the first day of the week instead of Saturday the 7th day of the week.
Biblical Hebrew actually has both male/female terms for God - even though there isn't really a gender attributed.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where do you get the idea of Sunday being the first day pf the week? Are you looking at the modern calendar?
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:28 pm Where do you get the idea of Sunday being the first day pf the week? Are you looking at the modern calendar?
Differences between Gregorian and lunar calendars I suppose.
...MyLove...

Unread post

There's one male God. Jesus is God. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit is One and the same.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I believe in God. I don't care how others believe, doesn't bother me. I think God will appear to you as you want him to look. If you picture God as a female, God will appear to you as a female.

In my mind, God is a man with wavy white hair that flows just past his shoulders. He has tired blue eyes and a white beard that reaches his chin...yes, my God looks like a mountain man I am realizing.....lol
NotACatfish
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I think God is genderless so it is fine to call him, him or her.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In Judaism, G-d is genderless. Calling him “he” is simply a matter of habit, but he has spiritual characteristics that he implanted in one gender or another, so we see them as “male” characteristics and “female” characteristics.
Considering G-d with a gender is how gender inequality starts, because obviously the gender of G-d is superior to the other one. When we understand that G-d is above gender and He created 2 genders to complement each other, neither one being above the other.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Other religions have dualities and gender in their deities. Other religions have multiple deities, representing the different aspects of humanity. I don't know why the idea of only one deity just took off in the Abrahamic religions.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:20 pm In Judaism, G-d is genderless. Calling him “he” is simply a matter of habit, but he has spiritual characteristics that he implanted in one gender or another, so we see them as “male” characteristics and “female” characteristics.
Considering G-d with a gender is how gender inequality starts, because obviously the gender of G-d is superior to the other one. When we understand that G-d is above gender and He created 2 genders to complement each other, neither one being above the other.

This
Locked Previous topicNext topic