Would you be mad if your 16 year old got a passport behind your back?

Unread post

DD got a passport that I didnt even know about. She said she wanted to go to Canada with some friends this weekend. I told her that would be a problem because she doesnt have a passport and she said it isnt a big deal because she already has one

She says she has never used it but if that is the case why did she get it in the first place? There are no stamps but that doesnt really prove anything either way.

I told her to give me the passport so I can put it in the safe and she said no, it is hers.

I am not sure how to feel about it. She did it behind my back which is weird. Even though it is legal for her to get one I dont see why she would hide it. I also dont like that she wants to hold on to it instead of keeping it safe. It seems weird to me that she wants it on her.

I am going to be watching her so closely now.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Do you hang onto her other important documents like birth certificate etc? If not I'm not sure why you think it's weird she wants to keep it. Is she not responsible enough, does she lose things?
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I would be upset that she went behind my back, yes. I won't be mad, more like hurt and confused as too why she didn't come to me.

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am Do you hang onto her other important documents like birth certificate etc? If not I'm not sure why you think it's weird she wants to keep it. Is she not responsible enough, does she lose things?
I keep all the important documents in the safe. That is the best place to keep that kind of stuff.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 am
Canadiana wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am Do you hang onto her other important documents like birth certificate etc? If not I'm not sure why you think it's weird she wants to keep it. Is she not responsible enough, does she lose things?
I keep all the important documents in the safe. That is the best place to keep that kind of stuff.
So how did she manage to get the passport herself without those documents?

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 am
She has access to them. Do you think only one person can open a safe?
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

That's why I asked. If she can open the safe herself, I don't see the difference of whether it's in there or not. Unless you have some reason to distrust her I guess.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought you needed parental sign off under 18? I could swear I saw that on my last application.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't be mad. I would question why my kid didn't tell me/discuss it with me before hand.

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:33 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

That's why I asked. If she can open the safe herself, I don't see the difference of whether it's in there or not. Unless you have some reason to distrust her I guess.
I thought it was odd that she wanted to keep it on her instead of putting it in the safe. Dont you think that is weird?
Locked Previous topicNext topic