I broke up with him when I found out he had a DUI

Unread post

I could never be with someone who would drink and then drive. It is something unforgiveable in my mind and there is no excuse for it.

I was dating this guy for a few months. We were out with friends when one of his friends was talking about his DUI arrest and my boyfriend mentioned his. I was shocked. I asked him when we were alone if it was true. He said yes and I told him sorry but I couldnt be with someone who would ever do that.

He said he wanted to explain but I told him no and to lose my number. I wouldnt want to be with anyone who has been arrested really but if it was for something small or stupid I would get over it. This is not small or stupid and I will not be with someone when I know they are capable of making that choice
Sure

Unread post

Unless someone you know was killed in a dui accident, I don’t see how this would be a deal breaker. I bet a large majority of people you meet have been over the legal limit and drove but didn’t get caught.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like he learned his lesson from it. How long ago did this happen? Should it be held over his head for life?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14

Unread post

Sure wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm Unless someone you know was killed in a dui accident, I don’t see how this would be a deal breaker. I bet a large majority of people you meet have been over the legal limit and drove but didn’t get caught.
Most of my friends dont even drink socially. So I highly doubt that. I would not be friends with anyone if I found out they had driven drunk. It is unacceptable to me.

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 pm Sounds like he learned his lesson from it. How long ago did this happen? Should it be held over his head for life?
I dont know and I dont care. In my mind it is 100% unforgivable
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not something I would do as everyone in this world makes mistakes but seems like it was for the best if you feel this strongly about it.
Mommyofbigkids
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 pm I could never be with someone who would drink and then drive. It is something unforgiveable in my mind and there is no excuse for it.

I was dating this guy for a few months. We were out with friends when one of his friends was talking about his DUI arrest and my boyfriend mentioned his. I was shocked. I asked him when we were alone if it was true. He said yes and I told him sorry but I couldnt be with someone who would ever do that.

He said he wanted to explain but I told him no and to lose my number. I wouldnt want to be with anyone who has been arrested really but if it was for something small or stupid I would get over it. This is not small or stupid and I will not be with someone when I know they are capable of making that choice

If it was a long time ago I don't see why it would be a deal breaker now. We all did stupid shit when we were younger.
I'll admit when I was 19 or 20 i drink and drives
Now at 36 i won't get behind the wheel even if I had a sip
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would never be with someone that makes stupid, careless, potentially life altering decisions like drinking and driving.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well that is your choice. I just hope you have never made any MISTAKES in your life, and they don't get held over your head for life.

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:59 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 pm Sounds like he learned his lesson from it. How long ago did this happen? Should it be held over his head for life?
I dont know and I dont care. In my mind it is 100% unforgivable
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Mommyofbigkids
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 pm
Sure wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm Unless someone you know was killed in a dui accident, I don’t see how this would be a deal breaker. I bet a large majority of people you meet have been over the legal limit and drove but didn’t get caught.
Most of my friends dont even drink socially. So I highly doubt that. I would not be friends with anyone if I found out they had driven drunk. It is unacceptable to me.

Everyone who knows me now would say the same about me. But when I was 19 and 20 i did. You don't know what they have done before you met them and when they were younger.
Locked Previous topicNext topic