Payment For Rides Deducted From Paycheck

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sil works for this company doing payroll and administrative work. They hire home health aids as independent contractors. A few of the workers claimed they had reliable transportation during their interview but depended on rides and the bus and then started calling off their shifts because they couldn’t make it into work either because their ride fell through or because the bus didn’t take them as far as they needed to go.

A few of the workers are covers, they only work when a shift needs covered and my sil was on of those people. It got to the point where the covers were being asked to work more shifts than the full timers because they couldn’t make it into work so the covers started giving rides to the full timers to avoid working a shift. The full timers weren’t giving any money towards these rides for gas and some of the homes they worked at were up to an hour away.

Sil was interviewing for an open position and when she asked if the person had reliable transportation, the girl told her she heard the company provided transportation. Apparently word got out that the few people who worked strictly to cover shifts were giving rides and now people assume the company provides transportation lol

Sil talked to the owner who she works with directly about this and they decided that the independent contractor agreement would feature a part stating that money would be deducted for any rides that are given from company employees. They cost the same as a taxi now.

It’s always fun for me to talk to her about work. She has the craziest experiences with her job lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
CompassRose
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I don’t blame them for charging for the rides but that’s a super weird policy. Sounds like a crazy place to work or try to manage. She deserves an award for dealing with all that drama.
"Let your heart be your compass, your mind your map, and your soul be your guide."

lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CompassRose wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm I don’t blame them for charging for the rides but that’s a super weird policy. Sounds like a crazy place to work or try to manage. She deserves an award for dealing with all that drama.
Are you having any luck with your siggy? I think Skips can help you with that.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the new policy is not only a good idea but necessary. I swear, give an inch-they'll take a mile.
CompassRose
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm
CompassRose wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm I don’t blame them for charging for the rides but that’s a super weird policy. Sounds like a crazy place to work or try to manage. She deserves an award for dealing with all that drama.
No I got pretty irritated messing with it yesterday. Might try again tonight but I’ve been cleaning house.
"Let your heart be your compass, your mind your map, and your soul be your guide."

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm
What’s going on with it?
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She has to deal with the craziest drama. I love talking to her lol
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic