Senior citizens (blacks) told to get off bus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/bl ... on-georgia

A bus full of Black senior citizens on the way to vote was stopped from leaving and told to get off the bus.
Good lord - there’s still a bunch of racists in our country with cold hearts and hostility
They’re no better than terrorists . Let’s hope they dont regress to the past and start hanging blacks and burning crosses in their front lawns again.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is in the article
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the senior citizens were told they could still go vote in a van provided by the senior center, but the center's administration eventually concluded it was close to lunch time and the group could vote another day.

The bus they tried to use isn’t allowed because it was considered a political activity. They can still go vote.
Thelastunicorn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 pm This is in the article
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the senior citizens were told they could still go vote in a van provided by the senior center, but the center's administration eventually concluded it was close to lunch time and the group could vote another day.

The bus they tried to use isn’t allowed because it was considered a political activity. They can still go vote.
Oh so shes lying to try and stir the race pot
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Hey libby what do you have to say now that you are wrong?
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Thelastunicorn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:56 am Hey libby what do you have to say now that you are wrong?
She is what i like to call A Headline Reader. Someone who only reads the headlines or only a few lines in an article and goes wild with it. She doesnt seem to do actually research on things before she posts or replies
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelastunicorn wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 am
Linaluo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:56 am Hey libby what do you have to say now that you are wrong?
She is what i like to call A Headline Reader. Someone who only reads the headlines or only a few lines in an article and goes wild with it. She doesnt seem to do actually research on things before she posts or replies
Exactly. She knows this was the headlines of liberal media. Now she will run away and not own her mistake
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some quotes from the article:

"Voter suppression is real, y'all, and it happened to us today in Louisville, Georgia, in Jefferson County," Black Voters Matter Fund, the nonprofit that organized the bus ride, wrote on Facebook on Monday.

"There's no law that says black folk can't ride on buses no more," Brown said in a video about the incident posted to the group's Facebook page.

"Somebody called the county commission to complain because they saw all these black folks get on this big black bus. It's the blackest bus in America," said Cliff Albright, Black Voters Matter Fund's other founder, in a video.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol I posted a pic of the bus. It was really subtle. You couldn't even tell it was a political activity. Not even a bit! :lol:
KAG
Mean Girl
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelastunicorn wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 am
I resent your comments about me to another poster. I research. I see the disgusting motives behind the cover-ups .
That was a poor excuse they used for taking them off of the bus.
It was definitely to discourage those seniors and prevent them from voting .
You can pretend I’m wrong and say I’m “ stirring a pot” but that’s just your way of agreeing with those sneaky Georgia racists.
You must be so proud.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 am

Lol I posted a pic of the bus. It was really subtle. You couldn't even tell it was a political activity. Not even a bit! :lol:
Not at all. I wonder if they would have let white seniors on to go vote. Did they make sure they were Democratics first. Can’t have any black people voting for Republicans or they’re a disgrace ( Ex Kayne West, Stacy Dash)
Locked Previous topicNext topic