Democrat Julian Castro says he'll 'likely' run in 2020

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Democrat Julian Castro says he'll 'likely' run in 2020

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Democrat Julian Castro said Tuesday that he will likely seek the presidency in 2020 after months of signals from former President Barack Obama's housing secretary that he's preparing for a White House run.

"I'm likely to do it," he told The Associated Press.

The 44-year-old Castro would join what is shaping up to be a crowded field of Democratic challengers, which could include Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. Castro said he still wants to see the results of November's midterm elections before making a final decision, saying he's "convinced these elections set a mood and a tone" for the next couple of years.

"It's a wide-open race. People want a new generation of leadership," Castro said in a phone interview from New York. "Folks are open to considering new faces. I heard that very clearly everywhere that I've gone."

The former San Antonio mayor would be a prominent Latino candidate in the field. Castro said his party vision includes taking Arizona, Florida and his home state of Texas, which have among the highest Hispanic populations in the U.S.

Castro said he believes he could deliver Texas, which has voted Republican in every presidential race since 1980. With three weeks until Election Day, Rep. Beto O'Rourke has shattered expectations for a Democrat in Texas by giving Republican Sen. Ted Cruz a real battle for re-election, but polls still have Cruz ahead.

read the rest here
https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrat-jul ... ction.html
KAG
Mean Girl
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He should run in Cuba.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 am He should run in Cuba.
He was born in Texas.
KAG
Mean Girl
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I did just post a thread about him.
He sounds like a good person.
A likely candidate.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bump
KAG
Mean Girl
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He has had just about the appropriate number of scandals around him to get leadership attention in the Democratic party

Zero chance that he would win - but okay.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:36 am He has had just about the appropriate number of scandals around him to get leadership attention in the Democratic party

I don't really know much about him except he endorsed Hillary for president in 2016. That's enough for me. I'll ever vote for anyone who supports that sorry excuse for a woman.
KAG
Mean Girl
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 am
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:36 am He has had just about the appropriate number of scandals around him to get leadership attention in the Democratic party

I don't really know much about him except he endorsed Hillary for president in 2016. That's enough for me. I'll ever vote for anyone who supports that sorry excuse for a woman.
He has an identical twin brother!

Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't know much about him. But he was on Obama's team and Hillary supporter. I am not a fan
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Locked Previous topicNext topic