Why do you HATE Thanksgiving?

Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes, I know this makes me look like a super bitch.

Everyone's supposed to meet up and by happy, happy, happy. My mom and sister insist that I host. I've suggested going to a restaurant and that's not good enough. The one time I got out of hosting was after I had surgery.

With DH's family, I finally got out of having to spend the time with SD's mom. SD is 34. I tried really hard to be understanding for 20 years.

I need to know what DH's family is planning so that I can work my family's schedule into it. Last night DH said he didn't want to tell me. Yippee.

I just want to make a gingerbread house.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

f**k that shit and stay home. Tell your mom and sister they can host and I dont wknow what kind of game your husband is playing but I would tell him f**k no also
Deleted User 638

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am f**k that shit and stay home. Tell your mom and sister they can host and I dont wknow what kind of game your husband is playing but I would tell him f**k no also
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am f**k that shit and stay home. Tell your mom and sister they can host and I dont wknow what kind of game your husband is playing but I would tell him f**k no also
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. Except I think on thanksgiving you should take yourself out to a restaurant, have a drink or two.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No reason to host - or cook - if you don't want to. Either get a pre-cooked dinner at the local market or restaurant, or do a pot luck. Make it easy and only do the things you will enjoy. Life is too short to spend your energy doing what everyone else wants and not your own choices.

As far as visiting, if you spouse wants to see extended family then take two cars. Arrive later and leave earlier. Other people can only control your day if you allow them.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Are you saying for the past 20 years you have had to spend holidays with your husband's ex wife?
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell everyone no. That is a complete sentence. No, you will not be hosting. No, you won't entertain your husband's nonsense or his families nonsense. If you don't want to celebrate, don't. If they get mad, let them be mad. If you're tired of being taken advantage of, stop letting them. If anyone tries to show up anyway don't open the door. Leave for the whole day if you want.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd hate it if I had to host too. I'd refuse. Any event I have is held somewhere I don't have to cook or clean up, lol. I don't hate it because all I have to do is show up and be fat.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't. I was always a fun time but I know it can be very stressful when crazy folk play head and power games. If I were you I'd say you are NOT hosting and don't answer the door if anyone has the gall to show up. Relax and order out for your family only.
Locked Previous topicNext topic