Horseface vs Mushroom D**k

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:13 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:06 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm

I don't want them voting blue or red. We need to lose the two parties. Every time we vote for the lesser of two evils we get bigger evils.
So you not voting? They could all put (I) after their names but who are they really fooling? I agree the system needs a complete overhall but until we demand it, it will continue.
Or you know you could research the candidate and look at their voting record and all that jazz instead of assuming a letter by their name means something.
I do that because the letter after really doesn't tell us much.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm

I don't want them voting blue or red. We need to lose the two parties. Every time we vote for the lesser of two evils we get bigger evils.
So you not voting? They could all put (I) after their names but who are they really fooling? I agree the system needs a complete overhall but until we demand it, it will continue.
Or you know you could research the candidate and look at their voting record and all that jazz instead of assuming a letter by their name means something.

It means that they are part of a team -
That team has a platform.

(ie) Lets say I want a pro-life Candidate, the Democrat running in my area is Prolife, (thats as likely as her being a unicorn, but) - she will not be Prolife when she gets to Washington.
That's not the teams position, that's not the platform - she would not be on any commitees if she were - she would not get any funding she wouldn't be reelected.

It's not how politics works -

It's a binary choice - one can work within the party for a little movement - but in the end the winner will either be the D-team of the R-team

(cue the naysayers who do not understand the system)
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:07 pm

It means that they are part of a team -
That team has a platform.

(ie) Lets say I want a pro-life Candidate, the Democrat running in my area is Prolife, (thats as likely as her being a unicorn, but) - she will not be Prolife when she gets to Washington.
That's not the teams position, that's not the platform - she would not be on any commitees if she were - she would not get any funding she wouldn't be reelected.

It's not how politics works -

It's a binary choice - one can work within the party for a little movement - but in the end the winner will either be the D-team of the R-team

(cue the naysayers who do not understand the system)
I understand how the current system works. But we are moving to a time where most people don't believe the entire platform of the "team". They agree with some of one team and some of the other. I know so many of you who are fully on a team think that it's the right way things should be done and nothing can ever change but you all are destroying this country with your childish bickering and "winning" at the expense of the country. But by people not choosing the "lesser of two evils" and voting for the best person we can start to change the way things work. It won't be quick, it won't be easy and people like you and your counterparts on the other side will fight it tooth and nail. But I have faith that eventually it can happen. You can argue and naysay all you want, call me ignorant or blind or whatever but you extremists are ruining this country. Hell look at what a few of you (on both sides) have done to this board alone and the headache you all are giving the mods in your desire to "win". It's what is happening in our country. It's childish and insane and completely useless.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic