Why Vote for Democrats?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:14 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:57 pm I guess a person would vote for a Democrat if they want higher taxes, they want unregulated immigration and higher crime (because of both fewer gang arrests and releasing criminals from jail and more illegal criminal bad actors).

Here in Maryland, I suppose they could vote to elect Ben Jealous who promises to re-instate the higher taxes of the O'Malley Administration, redirect funding to the City of Baltimore - but not for programs to help the city - like infrastructure, education, revitalizing. Oh, and he has promised to re-district to make sure no Republican could ever get elected again.

That, and oh yes..., hate Trump. Impeach Trump and impeach Kavanaugh.

Let's see. That's all I can think of. Good platform.

I predict the House gains one Republican seat and the Senate gains 6.u
Please tell me you were kidding and know that Democrats don't want any of that at all. If not you are very misinformed as to the ideas of the left.
Half kidding. There's plenty of folks calling for the impeachments. My taxes went down with the new tax plan and Democrats have vowed to overturn that if they get a majority.... So increase taxes. Took some talking points from the right. Since no one wanted to offer any reasons they will vote for the Democrats.

Definitely was not kidding about Ben Jealous.

Why don't you share your reasons for voting for Democrats this mid-term?
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:57 pm I guess a person would vote for a Democrat if they want higher taxes, they want unregulated immigration and higher crime (because of both fewer gang arrests and releasing criminals from jail and more illegal criminal bad actors).

Here in Maryland, I suppose they could vote to elect Ben Jealous who promises to re-instate the higher taxes of the O'Malley Administration, redirect funding to the City of Baltimore - but not for programs to help the city - like infrastructure, education, revitalizing. Oh, and he has promised to re-district to make sure no Republican could ever get elected again.

I predict the House gains one Republican seat and the Senate gains 6.

Great response -
Totally accurate and local - luv those kind.

The House is so hard to predict - every seat up but most have been so gerrymandered by the two parties that very few are usually actually in play. I say Republicn gain of 3.
Senate - pre Kav I was predicting 5 to 6 - I now see 7 probably ( 60 is not out of the question, the Alabama loss hurts and was preventable though).
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 473

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 am

I predict the House gains one Republican seat and the Senate gains 6.u
Please tell me you were kidding and know that Democrats don't want any of that at all. If not you are very misinformed as to the ideas of the left.
Half kidding. There's plenty of folks calling for the impeachments. My taxes went down with the new tax plan and Democrats have vowed to overturn that if they get a majority.... So increase taxes. Took some talking points from the right. Since no one wanted to offer any reasons they will vote for the Democrats.

Nobody wants higher taxes. People hate 45 because he really is awful. Any good is overshadowed by all the bad. Unfortunate really. Open borders is a far left idea. Dems in general advocate for a rehaul of the current immigration system making it easier to apply for citizenship. The process must still happen legally.No one wants more crime. Guessing that was hyperbole on your part.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 am

Nobody wants higher taxes. People hate 45 because he really is awful. Any good is overshadowed by all the bad. Unfortunate really. Open borders is a far left idea. Dems in general advocate for a rehaul of the current immigration system making it easier to apply for citizenship. The process must still happen legally.No one wants more crime. Guessing that was hyperbole on your part.
So your reasons for voting for democrats this mid-term is exactly the topics I stated, but different reasons for each.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Deleted User 473

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

So your reasons for voting for democrats this mid-term is exactly the topics I stated, but different reasons for each.

I am voting for people who support my ideas. That can be someone of any party. I don't support extremists from either side of the aisle. That is what got us where we are now IMHO.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm

I am voting for people who support my ideas. That can be someone of any party. I don't support extremists from either side of the aisle. That is what got us where we are now IMHO.
Hey - me too!
Like my County Sheriff is up for reelection and he's a Democrat but I 100% support him and will vote for him. The reason I'll cross Party to vote for him is that he has 35 years experience within the department and as sheriff he has been able to implement community involvement events and build strength and transparency in his department as well as root out officiers and dispatchers who were involved in (alledged) illegal activity. So this is why I'll vote for a democrat.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:16 am
29again wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 pm Is this why?

America first? Is that why he agrees with Russia over his own intelligence agencies?

More like Russia first
Well, I can see some value in publicly agreeing with someone like Putin, while saying otherwise in private, face-to-face. I can also see how that might too hard for some people to comprehend.
Trump is America First. Every move he has made has been toward America's interests before all others. I would suggest you look at NATO and NAFTA for examples.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:31 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm
libbylu wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 pm

That’s ridiculous.
Well then please tell us what positive things they offer.

Please use YOUR words.
There is nothing I or anyone else could say that would help you understand why her comments are ridiculous so I’m not going to answer.
In other words, you can't.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Hey - me too!
Like my County Sheriff is up for reelection and he's a Democrat but I 100% support him and will vote for him. The reason I'll cross Party to vote for him is that he has 35 years experience within the department and as sheriff he has been able to implement community involvement events and build strength and transparency in his department as well as root out officiers and dispatchers who were involved in (alledged) illegal activity. So this is why I'll vote for a democrat.

I have voted every 2 years - since I was eligible.

I have voted for 1 Democrat in my life.

Also a Sheriff - which to me dosn't seem like a political position to begin with.

Wake County NC Sheriff John Baker.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Super curious. Tell me to mind my own business if you want. If you don't live in the US are you or your spouse military? I'm assuming you vote absentee? If you don't feel like answering that fine I was just curious since you talk as a voting US citizen then claim not to live in the US in another post. I am always interested on where others points of view stem from and if you are actually living in another country you would have a completely different view as someone actually living in the US.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic