I am not going to make a separate meal for my step kids

Unread post

My step kids all of a sudden dont like my cooking. I am not really sure why as they have grown up with my cooking but now everything is "gross"

When they started complaining I asked them to help me come up with meal ideas thinking it could be an easy fix. Apparently they dont like anything at all and cant come up with any ideas. When I realized they were just being difficult I told them they can eat what I make or make something simple on their own.

BM doesnt like that. She thinks I should make them whatever meal they want each day. That is not happening. If they want to help me come up with dinner ideas for everyone I would be 100% okay trying some new things but they cant just decide at dinner time they want something completely different than what I already made. I told BM that I will continue making one meal and they can eat that or make something small. She said that wasnt okay so I told her that that is the rule in my house and she can call my husband if she has any issues instead of me.

The kids can be picky with her all they want but I wont tolerate
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why do you care what bm thinks or says?
I shit glitter
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I make one meal. If someone doesn't want to eat it they can find something on their own. I cater to no one.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I don't cater to picky eating. You eat what i make or you dont eat.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you
RedBottoms

Unread post

You should not even be speaking withBM. She has no say in what happens at your home.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You're more lenient than I am. I'd tell them to eat what's served or go without.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It's more a kids thing than a step-kids thing. I have one that would eat sushi or mexican food for every meal, and one that wants everything between two pieces of bread. Everyone grows and have preferences but until they can cook for themselves or pay for their own meals then they have to eat whats available.
Tigress22304
Countess
Countess

Unread post

BM has 2 options
Bring the kids food to eat

or stfu and let you run your house

{Kat}
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you were making food they genuinely disliked, then I'd say you were being unreasonable. It sounds like they're just being picky though, so they need to suck it up or make something themselves. Disengage from BM and let your husband deal with her.
Locked Previous topicNext topic