Coffee

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I found some coffee i actually like. Hazelnut coffee with hazelnut creamer. 3 spoons of sugar about table spoon of salt removes the bitterness from coffee and a lot of the creamer. It taste pretty good.
20181023_091645.jpg
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A TABLESPOON? That's a lot of salt. I put salt in my coffee when I don't use creamer. It only takes a pinch.

I love hazelnut but I actually don't like hazelnut coffee. I found this out recently. I don't use flavored creamer any more but when I did, that was all I put in it. It was already sugary enough to mask the bitterness.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds pretty good. I'd try it. I normally just drink it black.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good coffee shouldn't need all that stuff to remove bitterness. You should not have to put salt into coffee. Better coffee means less additives needed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:28 am A TABLESPOON? That's a lot of salt. I put salt in my coffee when I don't use creamer. It only takes a pinch.

I love hazelnut but I actually don't like hazelnut coffee. I found this out recently. I don't use flavored creamer any more but when I did, that was all I put in it. It was already sugary enough to mask the bitterness.
I tried a pinch but i could still taste the bitterness so i kept adding until i couldn't taste the bitterness anymore, it ended up being more salt than i thought it would take . I might experiment with other flavors too
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Salt in coffee? Well, I never. I drink it black or fancied with sugar on occasion.

My rant of the day. DAMN HOLIDAY COFFEE CREAMERS. I like one coffee creamer, Amaretto by International Delight, just a splash as a treat, BUT EVERY damn fall until early spring, they stop carrying it to make room for "mint mocha" and the god forsaken pumpkin spice!! I want my amaretto, "WAHHHHH!"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:29 am Good coffee shouldn't need all that stuff to remove bitterness. You should not have to put salt into coffee. Better coffee means less additives needed.
The bitterness it what keeps me from drinking it. The first time i drinked it like this was last week and my my client made me a a cup like this. It is the only time i have been able to stomach coffee
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am Salt in coffee? Well, I never. I drink it black or fancied with sugar on occasion.

My rant of the day. DAMN HOLIDAY COFFEE CREAMERS. I like one coffee creamer, Amaretto by International Delight, just a splash as a treat, BUT EVERY damn fall until early spring, they stop carrying it to make room for "mint mocha" and the god forsaken pumpkin spice!! I want my amaretto, "WAHHHHH!"
Salt removes the bitterness
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:41 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am Salt in coffee? Well, I never. I drink it black or fancied with sugar on occasion.

Salt removes the bitterness
I can't wrap my mind around that. And I gotta ask, if you don't like the bitterness? Why bother with coffee? That would be like trying to remove the tannin from wine or the tang from blue cheese, KWIM?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like coffee with lots of french vanilla creamer. Sometimes even a scoop of chocolate milk mix too. So yummy. I don't drink coffee but once in a great while though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic