BM is mad that I smoke around her kids

Anon

My step kids are 19 and 21. They are both living at home while working and going to college. I smoke in my room or in the back yard. It is legal in my state.

I guess BM found out that I smoke and is full on freaking out. She says I am a disgusting human being for exposing her kids to that and I need to stop. I honestly couldnt help but laugh when she was trying to yell at me

For one they are adults and she has 0 control. One of them is even old enough to go buy his own weed legally.

It really isnt any of her business. I think she still hates me because the kids decided to live with us after high school and not her. It is all my fault that they would rather be here (at least that is what BM has been saying for years)

After I stopped laughing I told her never to talk to me again if it is only going to be nonsense and walked away.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Well, they’re old enough to make their choices. But personally, I do get pissed when people smoke in front of my kids or me, for that matter. I made a huge effort to quit smoking so that my kids wouldn’t be exposed to it, I get pissed when someone does it. You have no concern for your health, that’s your prerogative, but don’t affect me or my family over it. I realize that as long as it’s legal I have to suck it up, but still I hate it.
It wouldn’t kill you not to smoke on their presence, BTW.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 pm Well, they’re old enough to make their choices. But personally, I do get pissed when people smoke in front of my kids or me, for that matter. I made a huge effort to quit smoking so that my kids wouldn’t be exposed to it, I get pissed when someone does it. You have no concern for your health, that’s your prerogative, but don’t affect me or my family over it. I realize that as long as it’s legal I have to suck it up, but still I hate it.
It wouldn’t kill you not to smoke on their presence, BTW.
😂😂😂😂they are adults. They can move if they dont like it. It's her housr
Anon

I just realized that I didnt actually flat out say I am talking about marijuana... My bad.

I only smoke weed
RedBottoms

well I would not be wild about my children even adult children being exposed to second hand and third hand smoke either. But they are adults and can make their own choices with that
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I don't blame her for being pissed about it, tbh. especially if you're doing it in the house. I have kids the exact same age, btw.
PreciousDolphin894

BM has every right to be pissed about that. Shame on you for putting her kids health at risk just because you have an addiction you can't get control over. I can't stand smoking. I've done it occasionally but I don't anymore. I just wanted to see what it was like but each time I did it I felt guilty and gross and I am better than that so I won't even touch another one.

My dh is a smoker and it drives me nuts. When he is on a nicotine low his moods show so and I don't like it. I hope eventually cigarettes are so expensive that no one will be able to afford to smoke.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

PreciousDolphin894 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:08 pm BM has every right to be pissed about that. Shame on you for putting her kids health at risk just because you have an addiction you can't get control over. I can't stand smoking. I've done it occasionally but I don't anymore. I just wanted to see what it was like but each time I did it I felt guilty and gross and I am better than that so I won't even touch another one.

My dh is a smoker and it drives me nuts. When he is on a nicotine low his moods show so and I don't like it. I hope eventually cigarettes are so expensive that no one will be able to afford to smoke.
Seriously. My mom is a chain smoker and she has enough curtesy and decency to not smoke around me.
i want candy!
PreciousDolphin894

madfoodie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 pm
PreciousDolphin894 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:08 pm BM has every right to be pissed about that. Shame on you for putting her kids health at risk just because you have an addiction you can't get control over. I can't stand smoking. I've done it occasionally but I don't anymore. I just wanted to see what it was like but each time I did it I felt guilty and gross and I am better than that so I won't even touch another one.

Seriously. My mom is a chain smoker and she has enough curtesy and decency to not smoke around me.
Well, your Mother is a wonderful Grandmother that she wouldn't obviously smoke around her kids or even a Wonderful Mother to you as she respects your wishes not to smoke around you either. Kudos to her and thumbs up to her.

I seriously hate the smell of smoke. It's gross and really it's just money thrown out the window for something that just goes up in smoke.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I would have a problem. I don’t smoke/get high and I don’t want that around my kid. Your kids are older and they can leave, move out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic