No sis, I am not changing my plans for you

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My niece is getting married in late April. The wedding is a 16 hour drive away.
Dh and I have made plans to fly there, get a hotel and a rental car. We used to live a hour from where the wedding is. We have plans to go to our daughter's grave and see old friends. We are leaving our kids and having an us trip. We will be there a week before the wedding.

My sister wants us to drive. She and her dd can ride with us for free. They can stay with us at the hotel. We can drive up the day before and come back the day after. She tried to talk me into leaving my husband at home and make it a girl's trip to the wedding.
She has lots of kids and not a lot of money to spend on extras. I get that she is trying to get there without spending money. She hasn't talked to me since I said no and that I had already made plans with dh. If she can't make the wedding, then she can't make the wedding. She is asking so much and doesn't think that she is. I hate this part of family.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't do it either. It's a little rude to even ask that much of someone imo. Plus if she did go with you it would no longer be an "us trip" as she would probably not be able to afford a room, or food, or anything. You'd be stuck with her the whole time and paying for her on top of that. It's pointless to go to on vacation or a destination wedding while broke. Plus I'd want to keep it kid free.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow, that's an incredible amount to impose on someone else for.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's pretty entitled. I'd say no also, and I'll usually bend over backwards for my sister.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is this niece your sister's daughter?
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:51 pm I wouldn't do it either. It's a little rude to even ask that much of someone imo. Plus if she did go with you it would no longer be an "us trip" as she would probably not be able to afford a room, or food, or anything. You'd be stuck with her the whole time and paying for her on top of that. It's pointless to go to on vacation or a destination wedding while broke. Plus I'd want to keep it kid free.
Her daughter that she wants to bring is 19. She is leaving the other six at home. So it would still be kid free is many ways. Her dd is working and going to college. I know her college, rent and books are paid for. She should have money for a flight. I found them for $200 round trip.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:19 pm Is this niece your sister's daughter?
The niece getting married is our eldest sister's daughter. We are a huge family. I have four sister and 2 brothers. There are two wedding this year.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can see both sides here.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't drive 16 hours only to drive home the next day with OR without my sister. So, no. I would not agree to this arrangement.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:58 pm I wouldn't drive 16 hours only to drive home the next day with OR without my sister. So, no. I would not agree to this arrangement.
I wouldn't go if I had to drive like that. If I was going to drive, I would take my kids with me and stay longer. I don't want the kids to miss school, so they are not going. They don't want to go. Long car rides and then a wedding sounds like torture to my son.
Locked Previous topicNext topic