They shipped my products but refunded my money?

Confused Shopper

Unread post

So I placed two different orders with The Children's Place. One was for 20 something and the other was 4 dollars and some change.

I went to check the balance on my CS card and saw they had refunded the money for both purchases.

But here's the thing-they initially took the money when I placed the orders and now they gave it back.

And both my orders have shipped and are continuing to move along with the shipment, they aren't being sent back or anything.

Has anyone had that happen?

I will leave the money on my card of course..just thought it was odd they took the money, shipped the items, then refunded my money.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would inquire at the source.

Unread post

Yes its happened to me when ordering online with Walmart. Give it a few more days they will take the $ out again .
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

They more than likely will take it back out. Sometimes when an order is placed they withdraw the money, but if the item isn't shipped in a timely manner the money will go back onto your card. Once the items ship, they take the money back out to pay for the items.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would keep an eye on that for sure.
RedBottoms

Unread post

If a company makes a mistake, I typically don't point it out to them.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 am If a company makes a mistake, I typically don't point it out to them.
And you think that’s totally ethical?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 am
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 am If a company makes a mistake, I typically don't point it out to them.
considering people have been arrested when they pointed out mistakes to companies-no, I don't think we are obligated to say something

I heard a story awhile back somewhere about a man tried to go back into the store and pay for some items he noticed the cashier did not scan property and they tried to arrest him for shoplifting

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:37 am
considering people have been arrested when they pointed out mistakes to companies-no, I don't think we are obligated to say something

I heard a story awhile back somewhere about a man tried to go back into the store and pay for some items he noticed the cashier did not scan property and they tried to arrest him for shoplifting
Wow you will really try to justify anything, won’t you? Taking things you didn’t pay for is stealing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:39 am
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:37 am

Wow you will really try to justify anything, won’t you? Taking things you didn’t pay for is stealing.
no. Stealing is taking something with the intent to steal. If a company makes a mistake you did not do anything
Locked Previous topicNext topic