Mary Kay Letourneau

Unread post

I saw an interview with her and her husband last night (her husband is her former 12 year old student she went to jail for sleeping with) where she said she feels she was wrongly put in prison

They had two kids before/during she went to jail, she got out of jail and they got married. She spent almost 7 years in prison

I looked it up and she’s still a registered S*x offender: https://people.com/crime/mary-kay-letou ... er-status/

Do you think she should be, or after they’ve been married all this time, is it time to let it go?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Its time to let it go, yes.
Anon

Unread post

She's lucky she didn't rape/molest my son, I'll leave it at that
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anon wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:47 am She's lucky she didn't rape/molest my son, I'll leave it at that
His mom was not even that outraged/bothered by the whole thing from what I understand. She was upset, yes, but I think she forgave her and just wanted them to be a family with the kids and be married at that point.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't recall the back story.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am I don't recall the back story.
it was a big deal at the time. Pretty blonde young teacher and I think she was married. She had an affair with her 12 year old student, a hispanic boy. She was pregnant by him twice while he was still a minor I believe. Her husband left her. She was told to stay away from him but did not. She eventually was put in jail for about 7 years. She got out and by then he was an adult and they actually got legally married and are raising their kids together.

His mother took care of the kids and him while she was in jail. At this point she is not a threat anymore. I don't think she is going to go after any young boys at this point. They are just a family now
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Teacher that slept with a 12 year old boy in her class.. she got pregnant, spent 7 years in prison and now they are married.
She disgusts me and so does the boy's mother. You can bet that if it had been one of my children all hell would have broken loose. ( I don't have any boys, but if I did I would be just as pissed as if it were my girls in that situation)

Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She can remain on the offenders list. Some creeper that gets with a twelve year old could do it again.. And your article says they're divorcing. So God only knows what she might do. If this was a man everyone would be crying for his head on a spike.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If a man can't let it go, neither should she. And she had kids with her ex-husband. She gave no thought to how this would affect them.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am Teacher that slept with a 12 year old boy in her class.. she got pregnant, spent 7 years in prison and now they are married.
She disgusts me and so does the boy's mother. You can bet that if it had been one of my children all hell would have broken loose. ( I don't have any boys, but if I did I would be just as pissed as if it were my girls in that situation)

I am right there with you. I do have a son, he graduated HS a virgin by choice. If that had been taken from him by an adult you would see a much different version of Lotus. Zen would go out the window. And I would be coming hard for you. There was the cultural mentality that if a female teacher did this to a male student they are "dream makers &TOY's teacher of the year" I do not share in that mindset.
Locked Previous topicNext topic