They want to earn money

Unread post

My son and my nephew want to earn money to take their girlfriends out on their birthday. One birthday is oct 27 the other is Oct 30th. They want to take them out to dinner and a movie on Oct 28th. We're figuring around $100 for dinner and a movie for all 4. What can i make them do to earn the money by then. Their 15 so they can't get jobs.

Maybe they do stuff like wash and vacuuming in my car, cleaning my kitchen, cleaning the bathroom . What else can we do.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Yard work, minor home repair jobs, clean out and reorganize closets, etc.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Dinner and a movie for 4 people, plus potential snacks/drinks at the theater, is going to be a lot more than 100.00, unless they do a dollar menu at a fast food place. Movies are expensive now.

Mow the lawn
Clean the garage
Wash/vacuum car
Clean out the refrigerator
Clean out the dryer vent hose
Clean behind the oven and the refrigerator
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yard work
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm Dinner and a movie for 4 people, plus potential snacks/drinks at the theater, is going to be a lot more than 100.00, unless they do a dollar menu at a fast food place. Movies are expensive now.

Mow the lawn
Clean the garage
Wash/vacuum car
I was wondering where they were getting all of that for 4 people so I could start hanging out there! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Entertain and play with a little sister in my house, lol. But

Are they good kids? Do they consistently do their chores? Their homework? Show respect & good manners?

If the answer is yes, unless I had a ton of work I needed done, I would likely just give them the money.

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm Dinner and a movie for 4 people, plus potential snacks/drinks at the theater, is going to be a lot more than 100.00, unless they do a dollar menu at a fast food place. Movies are expensive now.

Mow the lawn
Clean the garage
Wash/vacuum car
The movies are $6 per person so that is $24. And they will do the Buffet which is abour $50 for all 4
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would just give my son the money to take his girlfriend out personally. As long as he was a good kid that did well in school and followed my rules and was not asking for money constantly.

But at 15, a job might be a good thing for them. Like a real job. But otherwise-I would have set weekly chores for my son that age and then give him an allowance for doing them
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 am

Mow the lawn
Clean the garage
Wash/vacuum car
The movies are $6 per person so that is $24. And they will do the Buffet which is abour $50 for all 4
Wow, where do you live that movies are $6. They havent been that price since the early 90s here!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What state do you live in where they can't get jobs? Working age is 14 in just about every state. If there are other reasons why they can't get actual jobs, they just seem too old to me to get paid for doing household chores for mom. I would tell them to go around the neighborhood and wash some cars, mow laws, clean yards, babysit, etc.
Locked Previous topicNext topic