I can't feel bad for my friend

Reedusstalker

Unread post

She is a single mom of 3 young kids. She's had a lot of shit happen to her, a lot of stress. ( The dad isn't in the picture) Her mother and her have a very up and down relationship. Whenever she tries to punish her kids for something, her mom will override her so her kids never listen to her and they are out of control.

Friday her daughter was mouthing off and I guess the house was in chaos, people yelling and my friend just snapped. She says she went to smack her daughter ( 9) in the mouth when the girl turned and she smacked in the back of the head. She said she just snapped then and ended up hitting her four times in the back in the head. Her mother close fist punched her in the back of her head (mother says to get her to stop hitting the 9 yr old). The 9 yr old said she was dizzy and didn't feel good so she went to the ER. She is fine.

Mother called the cops. Friend was arrested but let out that night on a 20K unsecured bail. She is being charged with endangerment of a child and assault. She has court Spet 10. CPS showed up at her house today and looked around, talking to the kids. For now she is not allowed to be alone with the kids, at least until she goes to court.

I am having a hard time feeling bad for her. I have no idea what is going to happen to her, if she will go to jail, lose her kids, I just have no idea. I just can't even believe this is happening to someone I know.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What a freaking disaster. Maybe she does need a break from the kids. Sounds like she's overloaded.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm What a freaking disaster. Maybe she does need a break from the kids. Sounds like she's overloaded.
I know. That part of me does feel bad for her but the bigger part is like what the f**k. And to top it off, she's telling me she is most likely going to plead not guilty. Which I'm sorry but I think that's bullshit. She knows she did it, I think she needs to plead guilty and take responsibility for her actions.

Unread post

Her mom sounds like a huge part of the problem. She’s fucked though.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:17 pm Her mom sounds like a huge part of the problem. She’s fucked though.
Her mom is the main problem but that doesn't give her the right to do what she did. I am looking online to see what punishment could be
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

While I don't physically hit my kids except a swat on the bottom when they were little, I do understand your friend's frustration and why she lost it. I've lived that situation where my Mom underminded everything I did and she would constantly tell me how worthless, ugly, fat, nasty I was and encourage suicide. It caused a lot of hatred towards her. I escaped. Your friend needs to as well. I'm much happier since I got away from her and I feel like I'm a better Mom too.

Unread post

Someone that attacked a child like that would no longer be a friend to me.
I'd drop them so fast their head would spin.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

....this is a different kind of fucked up. I don’t even know what to say.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sounds like grandma needs to find a new place to live or they do if they live with her. It sounds like grandma has enabled the kids' brattiness. Mom shouldn't be hitting the child but Grandma shouldn't be undermining Mom's authority.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:28 pm While I don't physically hit my kids except a swat on the bottom when they were little, I do understand your friend's frustration and why she lost it. I've lived that situation where my Mom underminded everything I did and she would constantly tell me how worthless, ugly, fat, nasty I was and encourage suicide. It caused a lot of hatred towards her. I escaped. Your friend needs to as well. I'm much happier since I got away from her and I feel like I'm a better Mom too.
I mean, I do get it too, on one hand, on the other, I don't. There is no excuse to do what she did to her kid. I have been telling her she needs to stay away from her mother. I think she likes having something to complain about.
Locked Previous topicNext topic