this class is going to kill my GPA

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

oh lord, ok so I am taking spring /summer university classes, so basically in the spring/summer terms, a class that is normally spread over like 3 months, is crammed into 3 weeks, so instead of like 1-215 M-W-F you are in there M-F for 3 hrs a day, and you get it done super fast.
sounds like a great plan right? and you only take 1 class at a time, (I was going to do two at the same time back to back classes (6 hrs of classes M-F but I totally decided that would be a very bad idea, I have to drop one of them)

anyways, so I decided to step outside of my discipline and take a religious studies class, on East Asian Traditions (its good to have an idea of cultural perspective of potential patients, it helps in psychology)

anyways, this class covers; Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, Sikhism ...and covers India, and the Indus Valley history, theres Sanskrit, and so many so many gods and rishis, and gurus....oh lord.
for the first two and a half weeks of may (when my class started) I was sick as hell, the kids were also sick, we had strep.
and I had to move and had all these things to get done and the kids were home for two weeks straight because it was my weekend...and I was/have been going to classes, I only missed two, I was so terribly sick (puking) I couldn't go, I could barely walk, anyways, this this class moves rapidly, and we cover barely anything and bam we are onto the next guru, the next veda, the next region.
oh lord.

I am so scared I will fail this class, I mean, I try to be a good student, I have a solid 74.5 GPA and some people may smirk at that but I worked hard to get that, and its not a bad GPA for a first year.

anyways
what do I do if I actually fail this class? I'm trying really hard to keep all these people/scipt/ traditions/gods/beliefs/terms/meanings/countries straight but mother of god....I hope I'm not the only person in class who's brain is pretty much ----->>>Kaboom

**sigh**
anyways.
on the plus side, our new home is gorgeous, and I love our neighbourhood, and the kids and my dog are all happy....I will be able to take a breath for like, a weekend, when this class is done, the final is on Thursday, the class started on the 7th.

I know I am not ready, what have I got myself into?
thank god the rest of my spring summer classes are in my disciplines, and I can already speak the vernacular, ugh
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don't know what to tell you except good luck.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Accelerated classes are the devil. Good luck.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm Accelerated classes are the devil. Good luck.
especially if you are stepping outside your normal discipline, **shudders** this solidifies that I WILL NOT be doing statistics over spring/summer!! lol

thanks for the luck I will need it lol
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My first degree is in sociology lol.

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm Accelerated classes are the devil. Good luck.
especially if you are stepping outside your normal discipline, **shudders** this solidifies that I WILL NOT be doing statistics over spring/summer!! lol

“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dude cliff notes these gods. Wikipedia, whatever to get the information down, in your notes and in your brain. There are lots of sites on the net that will give enough overview of them for you. Yeah these accelerated summer courses are a bitch. My daughter took a Spanish and a Religion 4 week course over "Jterm" (month of January) and it was intense. I signed up for a Cost Accounting class during the summer and it was a 4 week accelerated class. I dropped it. It was just too much. Good luck.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:24 pm Dude cliff notes these gods. Wikipedia, whatever to get the information down, in your notes and in your brain. There are lots of sites on the net that will give enough overview of them for you. Yeah these accelerated summer courses are a bitch. My daughter took a Spanish and a Religion 4 week course over "Jterm" (month of January) and it was intense. I signed up for a Cost Accounting class during the summer and it was a 4 week accelerated class. I dropped it. It was just too much. Good luck.

I actually do know a lot as a result of this class, on the different traditions, and I sincerely hope I will do ok, I have the slides and actually did handwritten notes, which is supposed to help.
I am going to the study group before the exam, so will be cramming all morning with other souls desperate not to fail.
I can't wait to start my next class, its the sociology of addictions. should be interesting and hopefully I won't get sick or anything dumb this time
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I might be doing a double major by the time I'm done, I'm taking a mix of sociology and psychology, with an emphasis on crime, addictions, and neuropsychology - I took the RLST class to help me understand East Asian culture as cultural perception can determine how a person experiences things and sees things, etc.
its fascinating and I am enjoying it but the time span is not fun
noitsmebecky wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 pm My first degree is in sociology lol.

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ugh I need feedback from the paper I handed in to know if I have any chance of passing this class and she hasn't posted anything on blackboard for the grades and I HAVE NO IDEA IF I WILL PASS THIS CLASS.
the final is Thursday, we are doing review and finishing Taoism tomorrow, and then I am dedicating Thursday like 10am - 1pm to studying before the final.
this is a good plan right?
and its midnight and I am awake and stressing yet not studying which is dumb because I should be sleeping.

**sigh** I have never failed a class before.

this is the dumbest F***ing class to fail too.

f**k.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good luck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic