Summer struggles as a mom

Stanleydontcare
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Does anyone else who works full time struggle during summer time? My heart has always been at home with my kids but when I know they are out of school it’s even worse. I struggle so badly with it. I can’t be the only one.....
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stanleydontcare wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am Does anyone else who works full time struggle during summer time? My heart has always been at home with my kids but when I know they are out of school it’s even worse. I struggle so badly with it. I can’t be the only one.....
I always put my kids in summer camp. I'm not working anymore but they will still go to summer camp.
Stanleydontcare
Villein
Villein

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:04 am
Stanleydontcare wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am Does anyone else who works full time struggle during summer time? My heart has always been at home with my kids but when I know they are out of school it’s even worse. I struggle so badly with it. I can’t be the only one.....
I always put my kids in summer camp. I'm not working anymore but they will still go to summer camp.
Unfortunately around here, summer camps start after I go to work and end before I get off. Unless you didn’t mean camp like day camps. And I wouldn’t even know of any around here that aren’t just for the day. :(
There’s no happy medium here I guess. :(
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am fortunate enough to work from home during the day so I get to be with my kids. Plus I always take my vacation in the summer so I get one full week with them too.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Most working parents here put their kids in day camp all summer. The kids seem to like the programs. Many to chose from. My sister works so I take her kids for the summer and do fun thigs with them. They live far away so I don't get to see them often so I enjoy the time with them.
T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I cut my hours back for this summer, just one weekend a month so that I can go do lots of fun things with them before I graduate and go back to full time next year. So I get that nagging feeling of missing out on summer with them. Just make sure to use your free time doing fun things not just cleaning, thats one of those things I found myself always doing.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My son goes to day camp while I'm at work. He loves it and most of his friends from school go there as well.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It has actually never made me sad. I have a good work life balance but I also have some weeks where it gets ridiculous. They know I’m working, and that my doing so gives them the life they have. I can’t and don’t feel guilty about that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm a sahm so we spend a good amount of time together. My daughter is going to summer camp for most of the summer.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do not really feel that stress as a working mother of school age kiddos. I have found a really nice balance.

I had immense guilt when they were little & in daycare and came to the realization that my children were absolutely fine, adjusted and happy. It was me who was the mess, lol. I have since moved past that phase.
Locked Previous topicNext topic