Breaking free from emotional abuse

Unread post

I feel as if I'm being emotionally abused by my spouse.

We have small kids. He frequently tells me that he doesn't love me. I almost died a few months ago and when I returned home, he wanted to leave me there alone with the kids.

I didn't have help getting out if the facility. He walked off ahead of me and I muddied along in discomfort to the car.

At home, it us always what I didn't do for him. All my failings as a person.

The constant lying and cheating are causing me to have anxiety.

I took my rings off. I paid for them anyway. I need to survive until I have a game plan.

Unread post

My health is still at risk..

It is a wait and see type of thing. Still he places unrealistic physical and time demands on me.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Have you spoke to him about his abuse?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Do you have friends or family you can spirit away to? If so go now. Like NOW now.
If you don't start fighting. Start documenting. Get ready to get out.
What state do you live in? Do you have any proof of the cheating? Depending on state you might need to jump through a few hoops.

I hope that once you're free you can find some peace and happiness.
I hope that once you're free he gets hit with a taste of his own medicine.

Shit, I'm angry for you now.
LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I was in you shoes and I literally almost died because of this. Emotional abuse to me is so much worse because it attacks the self esteem and destroys you internally.

Leaving for me took 3 tries. The last time I left was extremely painful. But when I shut my apartment door and locked it I felt safe for the first time in so long. It was worth it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. Do you have any support?

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:24 am Have you spoke to him about his abuse?
Yes. He says I deserve it because I don't love his kids. Im nice and try to be good to them. He feels as if I don't treat them as if they are mine.

I try to keep the peace and leave with our kids especially on birthdays and holidays because he ups the abuse big time then.

When I get home, shit hits the fan. I can't even visit my mother's grave on Mothers Day. If we drive there (it is two hours away) and spend the day in town him and his kids have a fit.

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 am I am sorry. Do you have any support?
It is hard. I can't maintain relationships because if people invite my kids and I over, him and his kids get mad.

If I try to visit family, they get angry.

There is no affection. I can't even take my kids to the doctor without it being an issue. They can't have playdates. Nothing.

Unread post

I try to stick things out for our kids but the issues with his older kids complicates it.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It really sounds like a toxic situation. Find a local shelter, if you haven't got family to go to, and get out. Shelters are not just for those that are physically abused.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Locked Previous topicNext topic