Do you think people who claim to hate kids...

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:23 pm No. Some people just dont like kids.

My SIL and BIL have been married for over 20 years. They hate kids and they could have had them anytime if they had wanted them
Do they go on and on about their hatred when the subject of kids wasn’t even brought up though? Like all the time when there’s not even a kid in sight? I get not liking or wanting them, I was that way for years and still don’t deal with others’ children but I think this is a classic case of “the lady doth protest too much...”

It just gets old. I’m sick of hearing about it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

..... wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:14 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:23 pm No. Some people just dont like kids.

My SIL and BIL have been married for over 20 years. They hate kids and they could have had them anytime if they had wanted them
Do they go on and on about their hatred when the subject of kids wasn’t even brought up though? Like all the time when there’s not even a kid in sight? I get not liking or wanting them, I was that way for years and still don’t deal with others’ children but I think this is a classic case of “the lady doth protest too much...”

It just gets old. I’m sick of hearing about it.
The friends in my other comment complained about kids and made it known they hated kids. Said friend wouldn't come near our house if any risk of the kid(s) being here.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not in general. Some people genuinely do not like kids or want kids. Unfortunately, I think it doesn’t help that some people fail to parent their kids and they misbehave out in public solidifying the dislike for some. Also, if this is your first, your friend could be preparing to distance herself from you knowing the different places the two of you are going to be.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know anyone who “hates” kids but I know some who decided not to have any. They seem to like other people’s kids.
How could anyone hate kids?
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm not big on kids and never have been. I love mine, everyone else's... Not so much.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Of course not. Some people just don't like kids.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't like other people's kids. I have 2 of my own so I sure as hell am not jealous. Some people just really don't like or want kids.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, some just have always hated kids. They're happy in their life, just don't want kids in theirs.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No. That is an odd conclusion based on 1 person.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope... Some people just don't like or want to have kids. I love my kids and grandkids but not a strangers kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic