A teacher spoke out against offering 'opposing' views on the Holocaust. It derailed her career.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"My colleague Antonia Hylton and I had spent a year by then reporting on the revolt against a school diversity plan in the affluent and fast-diversifying Fort Worth suburb of Southlake, Texas. The city had become a national poster child — or cautionary tale — in the new campaign to rid schools of programs, books and lessons that conservative activists were attacking under a distorted and ever-expanding definition of “critical race theory.”

That spring, candidates vehemently opposed to new diversity education programs at Southlake’s Carroll Independent School District had won seats on the school board, and in the months since, they’d begun enacting their agenda."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/so ... rcna146861

"Feds find civil rights violations in Southlake, Texas, schools, students' lawyers say
The district will have 90 days to reach an agreement with the Education Department on a plan to address discrimination, experts say."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/so ... rcna151009
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What next? Physics and Geography teachers being fired for being against wasting time in their lessons with modern flat Earther theories?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 am What next? Physics and Geography teachers being fired for being against wasting time in their lessons with modern flat Earther theories?
Shh, don't write that and give them any ideas 😵‍💫
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic