As Trump airs his election doubts, many supporters say they won't accept a Biden win in 2024

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:32 am
Della wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:45 am

“ And when you're a star, they let you do it. “

He’s an asshole… but that’s not an authoritarian quote aiming to take women’s rights…

Let's change that quote up a little bit...

'When you're a president, they have to let you do it.'
That’s exactly what “spin” is…

That’s exactly why people think this is all just fear mongering…

Because the reality of the situation isn’t scary, but if we just change what he actually said, it becomes scary!

Spin is what Trump does every day and you eat it up 😂😂😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 am
Della wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 am

Let's change that quote up a little bit...

'When you're a president, they have to let you do it.'

Because the reality of the situation isn’t scary, but if we just change what he actually said, it becomes scary!

Realize-

This is the response you give seconds after trying to spin reality…

It can’t be a surprise to anyone why less and less people care…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think people are looking specifically at Trump, remembering that COL was lower and they had more disposable income, and then assuming "life was better with Trump" and perhaps it was specifically for them but it wasn't better for a whole lot of people.

Trump is just the current lead for a GOP party that is much more dangerous than just the Trumpster. We know what the GOP plan is, at least we should since they published it. We know that the plan makes HUGE changes to the Executive Branch so Trump (or any GOP President) will be able to enact it with little recourse from Congress or the Judiary. It is an authoritarian road map.

So what's in the plan:
Replace federal employees with GOP loyalists across agencies - they already have a website accepting applications for federal jobs
"Ideological" test for people entering our country - i.e., Muslim ban
Mass deportations which involves local police, national guard, military who will be able to detain anyone who 'looks" like they may be an illegal alien (if you're a red head from Ireland, don't worry they don't mean you)
Eliminate Department of Education
Eliminate federal funding for Universities including defunding HBCUs (already started in Mississippi)
Eliminate SNAP, farm subsidies, Pell Grants, and so many more entitlements that a huge number of people in our country rely on.
Remove protections against discrimination based on sexual or gender identity
Federal ban on abortion
Gut the EPA and abolish NOAA 'cause f**k the environment
Gut child labor standards
Rescind FLSA standards - minimum wage, overtime pay, and again, child labor standards
Expansion of presidential powers by placing DOJ, FCC, FTC directly under presidential control

There is a whole lot more that I can't think of off the top of my head. I'm a white, cis-gender, heterosexual and can "pass" for Christian. I'm also economically secure. So are my kids. A Trump or Republican presidency wouldn't negatively affect me personally and may even give me a bit more in my stock portfolio. Fortunately, my SS starts before the election so I don't think I have to worry about that.

I cannot vote for Trump or a Republican for president this election cycle. I'm just not an "I'm good, f**k everyone else" type of person. I'm betting that a slight majority of Americans feel the same way and I think Biden will win.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 am I wouldn't say Clinton had women in mind when he was taking advantage of them sexually. So that's what I mean by saying sleezeball. I was just being nice about it the best I could even though they don't deserve anyone to be nice about the treatment of women.
Of course it's wrong, but I would still say that personally taking advantage of women is a whole different thing that actually working to change the country so women have fewer rights. Both are sleazeball but only one of those is a threat to democracy.

Bidens shenanigans. Lots a lies, no border control, have you seen the gas prices? Oh yeah let's blame that on Putin even though they were way up way before the whole Putin shitshow.
There is plenty Biden has done and hasn't done that makes me want him out. We can't even make a decent living.i love how he played people in his lies how a better living and how he was going to make minimum wage $15 an hour in some area without mentioning how even $15 an hour isn't even going to be a living wage at this point. And he plays like raising gas is so good for us because it will discourage people from wanting to ruin our environment with cars and how we all need electric cars as if the average person can even afford an electric car. Lol
Well that's a lot of grievances. In my view, some of this is exaggerated, some of it is not Biden's doing or in his control, but the basic premise, that people are getting screwed, is spot on.

BUT, the ONLY way that can change is by strengthening systems that hold the powerful accountable...NOT by giving them more unchecked power.

Biden may not be a great president but he is not trying to change what it *means* to be President. Trump and the Republicans are, and that's dangerous.

I appreciate that you are willing to discuss, thanks BB!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:13 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 am I wouldn't say Clinton had women in mind when he was taking advantage of them sexually. So that's what I mean by saying sleezeball. I was just being nice about it the best I could even though they don't deserve anyone to be nice about the treatment of women.
Of course it's wrong, but I would still say that personally taking advantage of women is a whole different thing that actually working to change the country so women have fewer rights. Both are sleazeball but only one of those is a threat to democracy.

Bidens shenanigans. Lots a lies, no border control, have you seen the gas prices? Oh yeah let's blame that on Putin even though they were way up way before the whole Putin shitshow.
There is plenty Biden has done and hasn't done that makes me want him out. We can't even make a decent living.i love how he played people in his lies how a better living and how he was going to make minimum wage $15 an hour in some area without mentioning how even $15 an hour isn't even going to be a living wage at this point. And he plays like raising gas is so good for us because it will discourage people from wanting to ruin our environment with cars and how we all need electric cars as if the average person can even afford an electric car. Lol
Well that's a lot of grievances. In my view, some of this is exaggerated, some of it is not Biden's doing or in his control, but the basic premise, that people are getting screwed, is spot on.

BUT, the ONLY way that can change is by strengthening systems that hold the powerful accountable...NOT by giving them more unchecked power.

Biden may not be a great president but he is not trying to change what it *means* to be President. Trump and the Republicans are, and that's dangerous.

Biden just lied to the the entire country by saying interest rates were at 9% right before he took office…

Were you saying that was a dictator-y thing to do?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/08/us-news/b ... s-1-4/amp/
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 am
Biden just lied to the the entire country by saying interest rates were at 9% right before he took office…

No, I think he may have misspoken. Inflation did reach 9.1% at its height and has now come down significantly, to 3.5%, so his policies are working to bring down inflation.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:30 am

No, I think he may have misspoken. Inflation did reach 9.1% at its height and has now come down significantly, to 3.5%, so his policies are working to bring down inflation.
He was trying to blame trump for the high number, specifically saying that was the number before he took office… that’s not misspeaking, that’s lying.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's not either "dictator-y" or authoritarian. If Biden doubled down and said his claim was accurate but that the Bureau of Labor Statistics was infiltrated by Republican plants who were cooking the books and publishing inaccurate inflation rates to make him look bad and he was backed up by the liberal media as well as democrats in Congress, then maybe that could be seen as authoritarian.

As it was, he stated it in a media interview and was fact checked by multiple outlets. No one believes, even die hard Biden supporters, that the inflation rate was 9% when he took office when the monthly rate of inflation is available for anyone who cares to look. I don't see Biden claiming that those published rates are inaccurate and part of a GOP conspiracy, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:26 am
Della wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 am

Realize-

This is the response you give seconds after trying to spin reality…

It can’t be a surprise to anyone why less and less people care…
The man is literally telling you what he wants to do and now he's learned the ropes of government. And you're fine with it because...you "just don’t think Trump is going to challenge that for me."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67272569
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

That's not either "dictator-y" or authoritarian. If Biden doubled down and said his claim was accurate but that the Bureau of Labor Statistics was infiltrated by Republican plants who were cooking the books and publishing inaccurate inflation rates to make him look bad and he was backed up by the liberal media as well as democrats in Congress, then maybe that could be seen as authoritarian.

As it was, he stated it in a media interview and was fact checked by multiple outlets. No one believes, even die hard Biden supporters, that the inflation rate was 9% when he took office when the monthly rate of inflation is available for anyone who cares to look. I don't see Biden claiming that those published rates are inaccurate and part of a GOP conspiracy, lol.
Ahh…

So it’s only authoritarianism of he blames someone else for his lies…. Merely lying to the public is just par for the course, right?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic