As Trump airs his election doubts, many supporters say they won't accept a Biden win in 2024

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:59 pm
SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 pm Many Americans seem either fine with it, or unconcerned with the risk. For anyone who thinks the next Trump Presidency will be "fine" for America, which is it?
I don’t think he’ll be a dictator. I think it’ll be the same as last time, and he wasn’t a dictator then either…
Even if a couple thousand of his supporters freaked the f**k out on the last day… you never saw him getting dragged out by anyone because he told everyone to go home and then went home himself…

Trump abused power from his first day as president, when he ordered Sean Spicer to go out and claim that Trump's inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's, when every living human could see with their own eyes that it was not. Was that "being a dictator"? No. Not yet.

But, it was followed by abuse after abuse of power, from obstruction of justice to extortion, replacing reality with ever more outrageous lies. Trump eventually removed the "normal" administrators and replaced them with toadys. The Jan 6 insurrection wasn't just "the last day," it was months of Trump refusing to concede when he lost and his team trying every possible lie and scheme to retain illegitimate control.

"Project 2025" is a plan to gut the government of ordinary civil servants and any checks and balances. And have you noticed that Trump is also asserting that as President he would have legal immunity and freedom to commit any crime?

That's how authoritarians gain power. It's not by claiming they are a dictator on day one. It's by getting society to perform a series of Enabling Acts to hand them more and more power.

If Trump is president again, the Jan 6 level is where he will start. Welcome back to Muslim bans and family separation policies, only worse. Based specifically on what actually happened last time, Trump can't be trusted to concede an election even if he loses.

I don't care if you call that a dictator, but it's NOT democracy. You should be concerned.
Della
Princess
Princess

SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 pm
SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 pm Many Americans seem either fine with it, or unconcerned with the risk. For anyone who thinks the next Trump Presidency will be "fine" for America, which is it?
I don’t think he’ll be a dictator. I think it’ll be the same as last time, and he wasn’t a dictator then either…
Even if a couple thousand of his supporters freaked the f**k out on the last day… you never saw him getting dragged out by anyone because he told everyone to go home and then went home himself…

Trump abused power from his first day as president, when he ordered Sean Spicer to go out and claim that Trump's inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's, when every living human could see with their own eyes that it was not. Was that "being a dictator"? No. Not yet.

But, it was followed by abuse after abuse of power, from obstruction of justice to extortion, replacing reality with ever more outrageous lies. Trump eventually removed the "normal" administrators and replaced them with toadys. The Jan 6 insurrection wasn't just "the last day," it was months of Trump refusing to concede when he lost and his team trying every possible lie and scheme to retain illegitimate control.

"Project 2025" is a plan to gut the government of ordinary civil servants and any checks and balances. And have you noticed that Trump is also asserting that as President he would have legal immunity and freedom to commit any crime?

That's how authoritarians gain power. It's not by claiming they are a dictator on day one. It's by getting society to perform a series of Enabling Acts to hand them more and more power.

If Trump is president again, the Jan 6 level is where he will start. Welcome back to Muslim bans and family separation policies, only worse. Based specifically on what actually happened last time, Trump can't be trusted to concede an election even if he loses.

I don't care if you call that a dictator, but it's NOT democracy. You should be concerned.
I'm really shocked by the ease at which the "give me liberty or give me death" members of society are okay with this.

As far as elections, look at the folks here:

"A constitutional lawyer and close Donald Trump ally, Johnson played a pivotal role in Trump’s push to overturn the 2020 election. He led the amicus brief, signed by more than 100 House Republicans, backing a Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate the 2020 election results in four key swing states won by President Joe Biden.

Johnson was joined Wednesday by Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, two lawmakers whose text messages to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows were featured prominently in the Jan. 6 committee’s investigation into the attack.

Others on hand included a who’s who of MAGA conservatives. Among them were Stephen Miller, the former White House senior adviser to Trump; Jenny Beth Martin, the Tea Party Patriots co-founder who was outside the Capitol with a bullhorn on Jan. 6, 2021; and Cleta Mitchell, the conservative activist who was on the January 2021 call with Trump when he told Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to “find” 11,000 votes, enough to overturn the state’s election results.

Two other former Trump administration officials, Hogan Gidley and Ken Cuccinelli, also spoke Wednesday.

When asked at the news conference whether he accepts the 2020 election results, Johnson replied: “What we’re talking about today is the 2024 election.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna151256

They're still around and still trying to manipulate the situation.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

There was never a Muslim ban…

There was a limit on immigrants from seven specific countries due to a terror threat…

And guess who’s presidency those seven countries were chosen as the greatest threat?

Go google…I’ll wait.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Della wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 pm

I'm really shocked by the ease at which the "give me liberty or give me death" members of society are okay with this.

"A constitutional lawyer and close Donald Trump ally, Johnson played a pivotal role in Trump’s push to overturn the 2020 election. He led the amicus brief, signed by more than 100 House Republicans, backing a Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate the 2020 election results in four key swing states won by President Joe Biden.

Johnson was joined Wednesday by Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, two lawmakers whose text messages to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows were featured prominently in the Jan. 6 committee’s investigation into the attack.

Others on hand included a who’s who of MAGA conservatives. Among them were Stephen Miller, the former White House senior adviser to Trump; Jenny Beth Martin, the Tea Party Patriots co-founder who was outside the Capitol with a bullhorn on Jan. 6, 2021; and Cleta Mitchell, the conservative activist who was on the January 2021 call with Trump when he told Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to “find” 11,000 votes, enough to overturn the state’s election results.

Two other former Trump administration officials, Hogan Gidley and Ken Cuccinelli, also spoke Wednesday.

When asked at the news conference whether he accepts the 2020 election results, Johnson replied: “What we’re talking about today is the 2024 election.”

Patrick Henry… literally my 8th great-grandfather.

I definitely believe in That quote, I just don’t think Trump is going to challenge that for me…
Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:51 pm
Della wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 pm

Patrick Henry… literally my 8th great-grandfather.

I definitely believe in That quote, I just don’t think Trump is going to challenge that for me
Of course not for you.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm

There was never a Muslim ban…

There was a limit on immigrants from seven specific countries due to a terror threat…

And guess who’s presidency those seven countries were chosen as the greatest threat?

Go google…I’ll wait.
This speech is why it was labeled the "Muslim ban". He was wrong.

Left out the link, lol.

https://time.com/4367120/orlando-shooti ... ranscript/
306/232

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

SallyMae wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:06 am
SallyMae wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am

If Trump had succeeded in retaining power illegitimately in 2020, we would now be a dictatorship. That could happen again. How do you figure that's "fine"?
America was fine before him,
America was fine during his presidency,
And America is fine after him…

The fear mongering just doesn’t work anymore…
Can you explain your reasoning? Do you think if Trump had succeeded in illegitimately retaining power, that would have been "fine"? Do you think he will never try anything like that again? Do you think if he does, he will definitely not succeed? Or do you think if he succeeds in illegitimaely retaining power, that's "fine"?
Thus is America. That would never have happened. One person does not have all power in America. The fear mongering over Trump is crazy. It's making some people blind to Bidens shifty job as president. To want 4 more years of his shit is lunacy!
Della
Princess
Princess

BionicBunny wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:06 am

America was fine before him,
America was fine during his presidency,
And America is fine after him…

The fear mongering just doesn’t work anymore…
Can you explain your reasoning? Do you think if Trump had succeeded in illegitimately retaining power, that would have been "fine"? Do you think he will never try anything like that again? Do you think if he does, he will definitely not succeed? Or do you think if he succeeds in illegitimaely retaining power, that's "fine"?
Thus is America. That would never have happened. One person does not have all power in America. The fear mongering over Trump is crazy. It's making some people blind to Bidens shifty job as president. To want 4 more years of his shit is lunacy!
It was quite a well thought out plan that Mike Pence foiled. If you're not aware of this, you should look into it. John Eastman is a good place to start.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Della wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm
It was quite a well thought out plan that Mike Pence foiled. If you're not aware of this, you should look into it. John Eastman is a good place to start.
Pence didn’t foil anything… he didn’t have any of the powers to begin with that anyone was suggesting he did…
Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm
Della wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm

Pence didn’t foil anything… he didn’t have any of the powers to begin with that anyone was suggesting he did…
Who do you think would have stopped it if he had made the decision to go along with Trump and Eastman?
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic